Should First pay for this wall?

Slightly off topic perhaps but I liked the last line from the Star

"We don't want to let this one incident deflect attention from our staff who worked above and beyond the call of duty through bad weather."

That has to be the joke of the year!

Oh yes....they stopped all buses at the sign of the first snowflake :hihi:

i actually deadlock my car and activate an alarm/immobiliser to stop the theiving scroates

so yes i do immobilise my car to stop anyone from letting the handbrake off and rolling it down the road into someone front wall

hows that stop anyone letting the handbrake off then? an immobiliser simply stops you starting the engine?

it doesnt but it deters them from my car to go to the next car that doesnt have any security on it

carry on trolling

no they're insurance probably should but not the company, not their fault some idiot let the handbrake off. like someone said the house owner should go through their insurance, it's what it's there for afterall and they will no doubt go to first's insurance to recover it

surely First cover the wall on their insurance as it was their vehicle that caused damage regardless of driver and First insurance then try to chase idiots (sorry 'pranksters') who did it- its not for teh homeowners insurance to cover IMO

surely First cover the wall on their insurance as it was their vehicle that caused damage regardless of driver and First insurance then try to chase idiots (sorry 'pranksters') who did it- its not for teh homeowners insurance to cover IMO

wouldn't the insurance company need informing first. i don't know exactly how first work but if it's the same as the company someone i know worked for then any repairs to the buses are paid from their profits, not through insurance so the wall wouldn't even come into it when the bus is repaired

first repair any minor damage in their own garages but any major rta damage the bus usually goes back to the manufacturer presumably paid for via insurance

No, they carry a multi million pound excess over the year.

first repair any minor damage in their own garages but any major rta damage the bus usually goes back to the manufacturer presumably paid for via insurance

i don't think thats correct. the excess alone, if the same for all bus companies makes it not worth going through the insurance, could buy a new bus just for that so if thats the case it would be fixed at the garage, serious damage maybe would go to the maufacturer but i doubt it would go through the insurance

Why should the householder lose their no claims? The bus belongs to First, they should pay regardless of whether it was intentional or not.

If a car was stolen and did the same, the car owner's insurance would foot the bill.

I'm sure First could be found neglectful for leaving the bus in an insecure condition.

Why should the householder lose their no claims? The bus belongs to First, they should pay regardless of whether it was intentional or not.

If a car was stolen and did the same, the car owner's insurance would foot the bill.

I'm sure First could be found neglectful for leaving the bus in an insecure condition.

yes exactly but if first don't go through thier insurance to fix the bus involved then their insurance surely wont be able to pay out unless the homeowner makes a claim.