Wanted puppy for a loving home

hi can anyone help im looking for a puppy but just been looking at rescues and is it true they wont rehome to familys with children? ive got a 3year old daughter and wanting a small dog for a forever home any ideas? thanks

Not all rescues refuse to home with children, but they will look at your situation and how suitable it is for the dog you want. Have a good look round at different rescues. Do you know what breed you are wanting, or is it more important it's a puppy than the breed? Puppies are a lot of hard work, so bear that in mind. XX

I understand a lot of rescues won't re-home at Christmas - a dog is for life, not just for Christmas :)

no its not inportant if its a puppy or dog but ive been told when children are involed its best to get a puppy so they can be brought up with them, im wanting a springer type dog and ive looked in to it and no then need load of excersie ect and have been thinking for over a year on which breed we would like ect and warrior yes i no thank you ive been brought up with dogs our last 1 which i had from a child was 15 when he died so im quite aware of that thank you like i said its a forever home its just about finding the right dog for our family :-)

Try the dog pound they might have some young dogs available

Try Sheffield Dog Rescue based @ Mosborough Kennels,although we have set criteria we do rehome dependant on circumstances.

Hi willman

I noticed on a previous post you said you knew a list of livery stables in the s21 area can you please send them me? Please

im selling lhaso lapso pup hes brill with children

im selling lhaso lapso pup hes brill with children

How old is he and how much are you after for him? x

How old is he and how much are you after for him? x

Hes 6 months and the lady wants 350 for him :-)

Hes 6 months and the lady wants 350 for him :-)

Make sure you find out exactly why they are getting rid of a 6 month year old pedigree dog.

Does it have any long term health implications? Does the orginal breeder know that it is being rehomed? Is it for behaviour implications that it is being rehomed/ allergies/ reason? Will it come with the proper KC papers? Is it chipped/ vaccinated? are some simple questions to ask any owner of a young pedigree dog that is being rehomed.

Good luck finding your new dog.

Edited by Evei

get a staffy, best dogs ever and great with kids. i'm picking another up from liverpool on monday if they haven't found a decent home for it.