Fishing over christmas

has anyone been fishing over christmas. Im getting withdrawl symtoms. going to fish beeches at lindholme this weekend if its not frozen over

pinchmill top pond is ice free and fishing well but its gin clear

had a couple of sessions on the don but even that was iced over on the slow stretches.

I had a session on the Derbyshire Derwent yesterday below Matlock, I had a couple of Grayling and a few Dace on the stick. Might have a session a bit further down around Belper next weekend if the weather is OK, liquidised bread loose fed and a big bit of bread on the hook, hopefully a few Chub will be interested.

Edited by John Dory

I had a session on the Derbyshire Derwent yesterday below Matlock, I had a couple of Grayling and a few Dace on the stick. Might have a session a bit further down around Belper next weekend if the weather is OK, liquidised bread loose fed and a big bit of bread on the hook, hopefully a few Chub will be interested.

Hi JD, Exactly whereabouts below matlock ?. Would love to have a bit of stick floating for the lady of the stream at this time of year.

Hi JD, Exactly whereabouts below matlock ?. Would love to have a bit of stick floating for the lady of the stream at this time of year.

get you sen on the don up claywheels lane and round the back of the dog track at hillsborough more grayling than you can shake a stick at !!!:hihi:

get you sen on the don up claywheels lane and round the back of the dog track at hillsborough more grayling than you can shake a stick at !!!:hihi:

cheers mate, gunna get mesen up to av a butchers on weds.

I've sent you a PM grandadowl.

went fly fishing up clayweels lane last week and had a few grayling,A guy fishing maggot feeder had a few aswell.

went on the Don on sunday at Tesco Wier Rotherham, still a lot of snow water running through,had 2 jack pike on deadbait smelt 8lb 3oz and 11lb 7 oz tight lines.