New Years Hobby

Bit off topic, did you just see the prog about Rolf Harris? ... what a brilliant painter!

I love him, but I watched something else, can't remember what, but remember seeing it was on...

I am going to be different to everyone else....I think I am going to join a gym in the new year.........and loose some weight and get fit :)

I was discussing earlier, did you know (someone will put me right, 'cos it isn't my titbit!) that doing a single set of heavy reps (which may take a minute) burns more calories than an hour jogging?

I find it hard to believe and anyway, I prefer a cardiovascular workout for a good hour or so or a long walk outside.

I love him, but I watched something else, can't remember what, but remember seeing it was on...

I went to an art gallery in Totley a couple of months ago ... there was a Rolf Harris painting for sale which I really liked (didn't realise it was by him at the time) It was just a beautiful painting which captivated me.

The proprietor then informed me who it was by and that he was eighty years old (Rolf)

I was fairly insulted by this comment as he was obviously suggesting the price would go up after his demise. The proprietor obviously had no interest in art and was just in it for the money. Well ... if that's the way you get a private reg Range Rover, all well and good. Couldn't do that myself!

I did series of paintings a number of years ago, some people took an interest in them, especially when they saw the dates were around the first anniversary of 9/11, at that point I decided they wouldn't be sold. But they always held great emotional significance to me, not that I realised why for a few years.

I did series of paintings a number of years ago, some people took an interest in them, especially when they saw the dates were around the first anniversary of 9/11, at that point I decided they wouldn't be sold. But they always held great emotional significance to me, not that I realised why for a few years.

Not quite sure why you put that link in this thread apart from the fact your mind goes off in tangents like mine (fuzzy logic):)

I love classical music but prefer the more punked up versions ... Nigel Kennedy springs to mind. Also Philip Glass and dare I say Rick Wakeman?

I love modern music too ... Arcade fire, British sea power, Cocteau twins (slightly older) The cure.

Maybe it's worth starting a thread about it ? :)

Not quite sure why you put that link in this thread apart from the fact your mind goes off in tangents like mine (fuzzy logic):)

I love classical music but prefer the more punked up versions ... Nigel Kennedy springs to mind. Also Philip Glass and dare I say Rick Wakeman?

I love modern music too ... Arcade fire, British sea power, Cocteau twins (slightly older) The cure.

Maybe it's worth starting a thread about it ? :)

I added that link because it's what I commonly use to remember. Generally in the sadness dept.

Here's my new replacement...

TBH, nowadays I like silence, don't get me wrong I listen to a lot of music and media, but nothing in particular...

he fact your mind goes off in tangents like mine (fuzzy logic):)

certified. . .

How about cross stitch?

We have male and female members on A Crafty Natter.

If you can do this

then you could create this, this or even this

I quite liked it when we did it at juniors (still got my bumble bee!), not sure if I want to do it now though. I think my niece has been doing some recently though.

I love doing my cross stitch, you don't realise how quick the times goes when you're doing it

very good to settle oneself after a stressful day