Batemoor + Jordanthorpe - Are they still areas to avoid??

Looking at houses to buy and Jordanthorpe and Batemoor are possibilities. Since I left school some 20 years ago these new houses have sprung up - the Batemoor ones on the old South Building site of Meadowhead School and the new houses by Hazelbarrow on the Jordanthorpe side.

When I was at Meadowhead school these were places to avoid but as the years gone on have these areas improved???

We live at Meadowhead so not too far away from Jordanthorpe or Batemoor. I've not heard anything bad about either area. I also used to go to Meadowhead school although the area isn't recognisable now, looks strange having a new building there.

my missus used to live on hazelbarrow and it was ok on there while she was there.

I live at Batemoor and haven't had or heard of any trouble lately. Apart from some idiots shining lazer pens in the window last summer :hihi:

I find these areas ok, avoid S20 though.

Depends where in S20.. tis a big place, a relative lives in Owlthorpe which is S20 and that's lovely.

We live on Batemoor drive ,been here bout 18 month.

Never had any probs , and everyone friendly. Its a nice place to be if your wanting to make friends as well.

Ive lived on batemoor all my life im 25 so things have changed a little bit but i never get or here of any trouble!

Beighton is a good area in S20!

Looking at houses to buy and Jordanthorpe and Batemoor are possibilities. Since I left school some 20 years ago these new houses have sprung up - the Batemoor ones on the old South Building site of Meadowhead School and the new houses by Hazelbarrow on the Jordanthorpe side.

When I was at Meadowhead school these were places to avoid but as the years gone on have these areas improved???

Hazel barrow isn't too bad, but I wouldn't be buying in Batemoor, Lowedges or Jordanthorpe. There is still a lot of anti social behaviour and crime down there ruining it for the nice folk. The fact the house prices are so low represents the area I'm afraid.

And can anyone tell me why all the trouble causers from the pubs in lowedges, batemoor have now started drinking in the Norton PH.

Hazel barrow isn't too bad, but I wouldn't be buying in Batemoor, Lowedges or Jordanthorpe. There is still a lot of anti social behaviour and crime down there ruining it for the nice folk. The fact the house prices are so low represents the area I'm afraid.

And can anyone tell me why all the trouble causers from the pubs in lowedges, batemoor have now started drinking in the Norton PH.

Not all of them, some of there go back in Heart!

I live on Batemoor and have for nearly 4 years.

Find it a reasonable area, now't bad to talk of.