Sign in to follow this  

Cold weather payments

I believe people over 80yrs. get £400.

The winter heating allowance is a universal, non means tested allowance for everyone over 60. £400 for a single person over 80, a couple gets it split between them. Just as its £250 for a single person over 60, and £125 each for a couple. ( I would imagine it may be removed eventually from people with large pensions, in the way that child benefit will no longer be paid to families of higher rate taxpayers.)

The cold weather payment (which the OP was querying) is only paid to some pensioners, and it is paid to other people - dependent on what benefits are received. The link in Purdyamos' post shows how its triggered.

Is the cold weather payment £25 per household, are per person on the said benefit

It's per household.

Just to let everyone know a second payment has been issued so qualifying areas will get two £25 payments.

Have a look here and here, this should answer a lot of everyones questions

I looked on that cold weather payment website and im in the s5 area an its said that 2 cwp's will be made, just wondered if anyone's received one? iv received one payment today, so prop get the other one nxtwk xx

My gran is wondering if this is paid into the post office account as her state pension and her "big" winter fuel allowance was paid in there.

It'll be paid into the same account as her state pension if shes entitled to it

You have to be in receipt of qualifying benefits. but its a one-off payment paid to your account towards the cost of electric or gas. But the temperature has got to be forcasted below 0c for 7 concegative days. You don't need to apply for it it is automatically paid.

More info here http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/moneytaxandbenefits/benefitstaxcreditsandothersupport/inretirement/dg_10018668

Sorry for the spelling.

thanks for that i was confused about it i didnt know if it was a top up on the winter fuel payments the ederley get

thanks for that i was confused about it i didnt know if it was a top up on the winter fuel payments the ederley get

For the elderly who qualify (which is basically those on pension credit), it is extra to the winter fuel payment; but it's also paid to some non-elderly people who don't get the WFP.

Im due to in the s35 post code but not received 1 payment. how do i get this?