Lenovo G550 laptopn £299!!-opinions?

Hi

Ive never heard of this laptopn before, its reduced from £500 in comet to £299

Ive compared it to others in the £300-£400 pound mark and cant see any major differences. Ive looked at the reviews on websites and it sounds ok.

My budget is now max £350 and this seems too perfect, so am i missing something?

Only negative review said something about the internet connection being 'g' and not 'n', is this something major?

Im looking to browse the net, upload photos, up load videos, play football manager game and occasionally watch a dvd.

So whats your opinion?

http://www.comet.co.uk/p/Laptops/buy-LENOVO-G550-Laptop/697702

Many thanks and merry christmas

These used to be called IBM Thinkpad. Good reputation and seems to have decent spec except the shared graphics. Wireless G is fine , not the latest bells and whistles but if you just use it for the internet as most people do then at 54mb/sec it can support more throughput than most peoples internet connection.

Looks good to me.

Lenovo are a good brand and you're not going to beat the specification at this price point, in fact you'd be hard pushed to find better unless you're spending £400 upwards.

I'd go for it :)

"g" should be more than fast enough for anything on the internet. Lenovo are a very good brand (IBM in all but the badge). I've got a Lenovo desktop - cost me £250 - and it really is good.

Sounds like a very good buy.

G550 was never a ThinkPad. This is just one of Lenovo's cheap models. But I'd say it's one of the better cheap laptops you could choose.

That looks like a very good deal - especially as it has HDMI out which means you could go to ITVPlayer, 4oD, BBC i-Player sites and connect your lappy to the bigscreen to catch up in full-screen glory - and no need for separate sound out!

swarfendor43