Virgin media contract

to cut it short I have had many problems with virgin media, I joined a 12 month contract and im about 4 months in and want to cancel, they told me I cant I need to pay rest of year off

but have had a really poor service overall and refuse to pay them one more penny, anything I can do?

If they aren't providing the service you pay for then you don't have to pay. You would need to prove they aren't providing the service though and that the problems are their fault.

tv often crashes, internet goes off, people keep calling asking for other people must be about 5 diffrent names now, you ring them up a adviser tells you one thing later to find out what they said isnt true

back to freeview and good old pay as you go dongle, like in the good old days of last year :)

iv had same sort of problems.people always ringin askin 4 different names.tv doesnt crash but wen i try go on guide and v+ its so slow 2 load.glad iv only got 4 months of my contract left.1st 6months i had nothin but trouble and takin more money from my account than wot they shud av....ie...i took contract out wher i got 1st 2 months free.took £70 from my account month after and refused 2 pay bk only credit my account which left me skint.then did same again month after :(

The people calling asking for random surnames is not a Virgin-specific problem. It's a modern sales technique, and you'd suffer from it whoever was providing your phone service.

The other things, you may have a case for failure to provide a service worth paying for. I don't know how easy or difficult it is to claim "breach of contract" if you cancel and refuse to pay the remaining 8 months and Virgin take you to court over it. I don't even know if they would bother to take you to court over it, at that.

They have just notified of price increase as of april. A quick scan through contract which can be found online allows you to give 30days notice to cancel due to this. You have 30days from either getting the letter informing or from actual increase, can't remember which

Edited by growup
fat fingers

tv often crashes, internet goes off, people keep calling asking for other people must be about 5 diffrent names now, you ring them up a adviser tells you one thing later to find out what they said isnt true

back to freeview and good old pay as you go dongle, like in the good old days of last year :)

Speak to Sheffield dept Atterclife Customer Relations thats only way you will get it sorted.

dial 150 you want the option thinking of leaving us that will put you through to Sheffield Atterclife officers Customer Relations.Dont use other options or they will put you through to anywere.

Edited by terminator