Who remembers Penistone Road

I remember a pie and pea shop on a corner of a street off Penistone Rd I forget the name it was round about where Montys Motors is does anybody remember.

The pie shop was on the corner of Driffield St, the owners were Mr & Mrs Ward. Correction to my last thread, the shop was still open when they were going round in the van.

Edited by thegingerkid

I lived D block with my sister and brother and my mum

Couldn't put my finger on who you were, I remember the Haycocks,Willmans,

Owens and Parkins. However a quick call to my brother and he reminded me of your name.

I remember The Rose Inn. I worked there for a while, when Kevin was the landlord. It was a long way from my home in Richmond but the money was handy and the customers made the job worthwhile. (Most of the time)

Kevin was a good entertainer. He often picked up a guitar and gave us a

few songs, from his Greycat days. (I'm sure I've got that right. He was one of Pat Leslie's backing group.) Can anybody else remember this?

what was your name i lived next to robert owen and bill parkin lived upstairs from us but bill moved to dorset and he passed away about five years ago i am a big friend of his wife we lost touch but found one another through the internet after thirty years

Did anybody go to langsett road school in the late fortys and remembers miss short the headteacher

Did anybody go to langsett road school in the late fortys and remembers miss short the headteacher

Is Langsett and Burton st the same school

yes some called it langsett road and some burton street

then yes went there in 46 just remember the Burgeons Laura being my old friend:love::love:

anybody remember wearhead garage on penistone road opposite hifoot club; it was owned by louis lenzini, i worked there as apprentice panal beater about 1960 , i think its gone now . tony p

then yes went there in 46 just remember the Burgeons Laura being my old friend:love::love:

you would probably know my sister muriel brierley

you would probably know my sister muriel brierley

No sorry its been a long time so just Laura:):)

at langsett school .... it would be nice to hear from anyone who remembers miss booth ,mr ward and the headteacher mr ford. his shoulders were as wide as a door way. back in the day my familiy lived in front of presto tools