Dear Forum..I need help from women please

i feel embarrassed asking about this but i dont have anyone else to ask so a friend suggested this.

i have a real problem finding a bra to fit. i know there are places that will measure you but im to embarrassed to go and my dad would go mad if he found out. i have tried using websites that tell you your size if you measure yourselve and they all say 36aa. i couldn't find that size so tried a 36b but the back felt really loose so i tried a 34b. this was to small not at the back that felt fine. so i've tried a 34c and the cup seems a little big.

it was the best fit i could find so i bought a few different bras in that size but they don't all fit. some make my breasts look really low down some make them look far apart. its really starting to depress me as i'm thinking that people are looking at me all the time and i have no confidance. i tried a push up bra in the 34c and the cup seemmed really small.

i hope you can help me. i dont have a mother around to ask i only have a few friends and being 17 i darent ask them as they will just make fun of me. im getting to the point where i am staying in all the time because of it.

am i doing something wrong? do push up bras have to be a diferent size? why do bras the same size from the same shop not fit the same? please help me.

its really starting to depress me as i'm thinking that people are looking at me all the time and i have no confidance.

People look at people for what ever reason, even if just to show their not scared.

You should feel comfortable with yourself no matter what, in the grand scheme of things this means nothing. When it comes to a bra, all that really matters is comfort and support!

To gain confidence i'd suggest next time you feel conspicuous give a quick shake and make other people feel concious! Turn the tables, be in control!

try primark hun thats where i went last time, and you can buy some really nice ones.

as for ur dad he dosent need to know about things like this

Different bras will give you different shapes and different cups so you can't just buy one standard size in any bra - it's like buying a dress, in one shop you'll be a size 8 and in the next ship will have to buy a size 10.

Go to M&S, and see the bra fitters there. There is nothing to be embarassed about, you don't need to strip naked. You keep you existing bra on and the lady will measure you. She will get you some bras from the shop floor, you put them on with her out of the room and then she'll come and look and tighten straps up/suggested different styles.

It's important to get the right bra size when you are just developing, please go and get measured properly, it can save your delicate tissues from drooping early later on.

I used to be too shy to ask for help in bra shops about what size I needed. But as soon as I did, I found that I was wearing 2 sizes too big across the back and about a gazillion sizes too small in the cup.

Professional fitters don't see you in the nude and they don't touch you if that makes you feel uncomfortable. This is what they do all day every day and they are generally sympathetic to your needs if you are shy or dont feel comfortable.

If you keep trying and getting it wrong, then I would seriously consider a profesional fitting at a place like La Senza, Debenhams or M&S.

If you spend all day, every day feeling self concious about your breasts and how your bra makes you look, then a 1/2 hour fitting will be nothing when you know you are wearing the right thing.

Would you wear the wrong size shoes?

I know it might be a little scary but get yourself into Debenhams and get measured. You don't have to get naked, They measure around your clothes. Just pop a tight fitting top on and ask them to measure you over the top. It only takes 2 minutes and if you're feeling really self conscious just close your eyes. You have nothing to be ashamed of and it's very important to get the correct size x

GO TO Marks and Spencers. They are friendly and quick x
Ang on, the first part of the sentence was...

i feel embarrassed asking about this...

I'm afraid that there's no alternative to getting properly measured. The difference that being measured can create is enormous.

From being measured and fitted properly you'll find out what a decent fitting bra actually feels like and that will show you exactly what's wrong with the bras you were buying until now.

The other thing that you will need to bear in mind is that each bra manufacturer also has their own sort of fit and the professional will be able to help you with that too. At my very first fitting (at the very sadly now closed Fashion Foundations in Broomhill) the lady didn't even touch me. She took a good look and said, 'I think that you're a Triumph 38D, so let's start there' and she was spot on first time.

Being fitted for a Triumph bra didn't mean that I was the same size in other brands. In Warner bras I was officially a 40E, but even with them the right size they just weren't comfortable, so you need to think of bra manufacturers having size variations like shoe or clothes makers.

It's hell wearing uncomfortable and ill fitting bras. Go and get measured and then at least you'll be a bit more comfy. As others have said, your dad doesn't need to know and you don't even have to be in your undies in the presence of the fitter if you don't want to.

Some shops also have differing sizes in bra's, personally I cannot find any to fit comfortably other than New look, as much as I hate the clothes the bra's are the best.

Measuring is done over your t shirt without a bra on, so no one gets to see your bits and bobs. I was terrified of going for a fitting but its honestly not all that bad :)

Your dad would go mad if he found out you'd been to have a bra fitted. ?:huh:

I'm not having a go, but that sounds very odd to me. :confused:

Please get yourself measured I'm so glad I did it;s quick and not embarrassing at all trust me the right bra will hold you in create a better posture and give you confidence. I was wearing a 34 back before turned out I am a 32 DD.