Alone for christmas/new year

Edited by SUGARPLUMKIN

Why dont you read more carefully what ive written, those few who are making out that I just want a free dinner and a free taxi service.

If you look a bit more carefully you will see that I said that I would pay for the food & petrol.

Thanks for those who have a bit of compassion and have offered support.

Im originally from Preston, Lancs, only lived in Sheffield a couple of years, thats why I dont know that many people.

It takes time to build up friendships & meet new people.

my brother moved there when he married, my sister inlaw has that liverpool accent, i love it, makes me laugh when she talks fast, my brothers is the best, a mix between strong yorkshire and liverpool :hihi: hillairious!

im spending xmas alone, due to not being able to drive anywhere or make long journeys on public transport. im staying in on new years eve as i cant risk going out amongst the drunken populace with a broken leg! but i dont really care, i'll have a little tipple by myself!

i've got myself a little xmas tree all decorated up (all cost less than a tenner from tesco) with presents from a very special person sat underneath waiting for xmas morning.

i cant wait for xmas day! even bought myself some stuff for a one person xmas dinner!

some people love being alone on xmas day. im not feeling sad about it. in fact, this will probably be one of my best xmas's ever as i havent had to go to work and slog my guts out in a supermarket! im actually really lookng forward to the day!

the only thing that would make it perfect was if that special someone was here, but you cant have everything!

Merry Christmas everyone!

I really cant believe (some) of the lack of compassion on this thread. Its just an unfortunate situation that lisa is in- people are making her out to be a freeloader! I also realise it takes years to build up friendships etc... its a shame that people always see the negative in someone asking for a bit of help. Asking for support isnt a weakness.

I do think the St Chads idea is a good one and sounds promising.

I think peeople can be really jugdmental- like the comment which said "I think its you" or something implying it was lisa's fault etc.. well thats just rude- u know nothing about the situation at all. I hope you never find yourself in this situation, and realise how lucky you are to have people around on xmas day. Seriously, do people get kicks out of being so harsh on people?

this type of thread doesnt deserve a bashing!

I really cant believe (some) of the lack of compassion on this thread. Its just an unfortunate situation that lisa is in- people are making her out to be a freeloader! I also realise it takes years to build up friendships etc... its a shame that people always see the negative in someone asking for a bit of help. Asking for support isnt a weakness.

I do think the St Chads idea is a good one and sounds promising.

I think peeople can be really jugdmental- like the comment which said "I think its you" or something implying it was lisa's fault etc.. well thats just rude- u know nothing about the situation at all. I hope you never find yourself in this situation, and realise how lucky you are to have people around on xmas day. Seriously, do people get kicks out of being so harsh on people?

this type of thread doesnt deserve a bashing!

People can get away with it behind their monitors, total anonymity. If they were to meet you face to face, I bet half of them would be nice as pie and too gutless to speak their own minds.....wouldn't let it get you.

i've already pm'd her and invited her and her friend on new years eve, food and drinks supplied, and a lift here but it seems she's shopping around as i hav'nt had a reply.

It's not a date.

And what you all being hostile for? It could happen to anyone.

I'd invite you but, I'm 19, and don't have a house, or food, or an oven.

And I don't think my mom would be reight happy if I invited a randomer over for dinner.

But I would if I could.

You'll find someone, imagine all the people who must be on their own this Christmas, there'll be loads.

she sounds like she needs friend or a partner

There a invite at my house.. That's if your interested but ill doubt there be any food cause I'm going out the night before. being alone on xmas is crappy..

Why dont you read more carefully what ive written, those few who are making out that I just want a free dinner and a free taxi service.

If you look a bit more carefully you will see that I said that I would pay for the food & petrol.

Thanks for those who have a bit of compassion and have offered support.

Im originally from Preston, Lancs, only lived in Sheffield a couple of years, thats why I dont know that many people.

It takes time to build up friendships & meet new people.

READING, SONG WRITING, CHURCH, CINEMA, BOWLING, COFFEE/MEALS WITH FRIENDS, SHOPPING, DAYS OUT. but your profile says different ?

READING, SONG WRITING, CHURCH, CINEMA, BOWLING, COFFEE/MEALS WITH FRIENDS, SHOPPING, DAYS OUT. but your profile says different ?

Whats your point? this lady may have done these things where she used to live

I'm sure many people who list interests don't do everything they put- but the fact you even had to look at this person's profile speaks more about you as a person, than the OP!

Edited by HelenaC

im spending xmas alone, due to not being able to drive anywhere or make long journeys on public transport. im staying in on new years eve as i cant risk going out amongst the drunken populace with a broken leg! but i dont really care, i'll have a little tipple by myself!

i've got myself a little xmas tree all decorated up (all cost less than a tenner from tesco) with presents from a very special person sat underneath waiting for xmas morning.

i cant wait for xmas day! even bought myself some stuff for a one person xmas dinner!

some people love being alone on xmas day. im not feeling sad about it. in fact, this will probably be one of my best xmas's ever as i havent had to go to work and slog my guts out in a supermarket! im actually really lookng forward to the day!

the only thing that would make it perfect was if that special someone was here, but you cant have everything!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Hi-5 for pro-activeness & optimism. A little can go a long way :)