Alone for christmas/new year

I think you'd be better off cooking up a dinner at yours and putting out an invite to people who might be in a similar situation as to yourselves.

I think you'd be better off cooking up a dinner at yours and putting out an invite to people who might be in a similar situation as to yourselves.

Judging by some of the posters on this forum that could be a bit dodgy

Judging by some of the posters on this forum that could be a bit dodgy

Potentially. But it's the same situation the people who are being asked are being put in.

Edited by SUGARPLUMKIN

Its not that simple.

Taxis cost a fortune on xmas day & not sure if buses are running.

The man I mentioned is actually divorced.

On a normal day it costs 25 pounds return to get to prince of wales road area from where I live, so would hate to know how much it would cost on xmas day.

There are a lot of lonley people out there who have to spend christmas alone.

No one ever expects to find themselves in this situation, but sadly it can happen to anyone, yes, even you!

I used to have a huge family, aunts, uncles, nana, cousins all used to come to spend christmas with my brother & our parents until my mum died when I was aged 19.

All my relatives where on my mums side of the family as my dad had fallen out with most of his family & we rerely saw the few family that he did see.

1 year after my mum dies my dad, brother and I distanced ourselves from them all as they all seemed to only use us and were all for themselves, etc.

I unfortunatly got a prolapsed uterus when I was aged 21, which I still have and has always stopped me being able to have a relationship.

My dad died when I was aged 23, then when I was aged 24 my brother and I went our seperate ways and moved out of the family home and into our own homes.

My brothers I keep intouch with are too selfish to let me spend xmas with them.

One goes to his fiances parents but theres not enough room for me and my other brothers wife is an alocilholic and always causes trouble.

They had me over for xmas once and she was soooo drunk that I and her 18 year old daughter had to cook xmas dinner from scratch and she just swore,caused arguments etc all day/night and now they are soooooo embarrised to have me as a guest again.

My friends are too selfish to let me come to theirs, so for years ive had to spend it on my own.

As I said, it can happen to anyone, even you!

WOW I can see conversation now. FRIGHTENIN!!!

Maybe there not selfish my dear..maybe just maybe its u :)

I'll be alone for New Year's Eve, I live near Nether Edge and I'm 33 and single too. I live within walking distance of Woodseats but I only live in a flat so might not be appropriate for a party. Then again, can you call 3 people a party?

Why dont you two have a quiet one together. Cook your own meal, a few beers, music etc, and just have a good time together, instead of paying for petrol to go to someone elses. Ive spent a few Christmases on my own but being a bloke i just had a massive breakfast, forget dinner, and went out all day and always bumped into someone i knew to have a laugh with.

Edited by indicator

Edited by SUGARPLUMKIN

Sounds very dodgy to me.You a stranger wants another stranger to pick up you and your mate who is another stranger.

Then go back to his/her house for a meal ,and then what play gooseberry to the two of you.

Ps your interests are stated as "READING, SONG WRITING, CHURCH, CINEMA, BOWLING, COFFEE/MEALS WITH FRIENDS, SHOPPING, DAYS OUT."These strike me as places where you could meet many people.So why do you have no friends?

Edited by matsalleh

photos? hobbies?

It's not a date.

And what you all being hostile for? It could happen to anyone.

I'd invite you but, I'm 19, and don't have a house, or food, or an oven.

And I don't think my mom would be reight happy if I invited a randomer over for dinner.

But I would if I could.

You'll find someone, imagine all the people who must be on their own this Christmas, there'll be loads.

Edited by Forumosaurus

why not go along to the service at St. Chads Church (a google shows thats in woodseats, personally i don't know the area) at 10am (http://www.stchads.org/calendar.php?eventid=2010-12-25&month_now=12&year_now=2010&first=N)

from there I am sure you could find your ideal family and stalk them home begging them to take you in.

plenty of people (myself included) are giving away christmas bits on freeegle - you don't need to spend a fortune to make your home look christmassy.

or see if HARC want some help and put yourself to good use. http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=657073