Xmas Bin Collection

They are emptying blue bins and boxes on the 2 bank holidays so why no black bin collection.

I suppose they will work half a day on blue bin collection and get paid for a full days work!

I would have thought it made more sense to empty black bins, as they normally do on bank holidays, as most people will have extra waste at this time.

Veollia web site says they will take "a small ammount of extra waste" if it is bagged up next time they collect. Who is to define what a small ammount of waste is, us THE CUSTOMER or the bin men?

The bin men obviously... Same way they decided we had too much extra cardboard after them skipping a week. Apparently its out job to take it to the tip ourself now...

its only the same arrangement thats "bin" in place for the last 20 yrs.still , it gives folk sumatt to gripe about-"i pay my tax, why shouldnt life be perfect"?how did we win the war!!!!!

The only times bins are overflowing are just after xmas im sure they could arrange a black bin colletion :-)

How come the blue bins are emptied on bank holidays but not the IMPORTANT waste bins.??????? What a debacle, crap service, crap management. No one is denying the bin lads right to have Xmas holidays BUT to put recycling before waste services seems wrong. PLUS overtime rates being paid for recycling ????

Scrivens is definatley mad. ! :loopy::loopy:!!!!!!

A black bin should be able to last for two weeks without being emptied, for those of us with a blue bin and box for bottles and papers. I can't imagine what people chuck away if they can fill one in a week unless they are a) a very large family, or b) putting stuff in that should be recycled.

I do understand that its unpleasant when they are left for three or four weeks, but a fortnight?

In our area blue bins are emptied by a private company not a council operations, hence why they work Bank Holidays and Saturdays.

The recycling wagons I saw today were Veolia, same ones who empty black bins. :rant::loopy::loopy:

A black bin should be able to last for two weeks without being emptied, for those of us with a blue bin and box for bottles and papers. I can't imagine what people chuck away if they can fill one in a week unless they are a) a very large family, or b) putting stuff in that should be recycled.

I do understand that its unpleasant when they are left for three or four weeks, but a fortnight?

My regular bin day is Monday, so I regularly have to go two weeks without emptying. Xmas brings a lot of extra waste. IF, and I repeat IF, we get emptied next week it will be once in 4 weeks. If they take the day as New Years holiday it will be once in 5 weeks. All we need now is more snow........ Lets face it, the service is CRAP !!!!!!

Edited by Tradescanthia

I put both blue bins out today to be emptied, i sat and watched them pick up the cardboard one, emptied that and literally threw it onto the ground, charming, and they left without emptying the big blue bin ........ dunno how they missed it cos i was the only one on my row that put my bins out at all !

Veola just been for blue bins in out area. It's usually Blue and Black for us on the same day.

They've emptied the blue crate and blue wheelie, but have ignored everyones extra boxes and wrapping paper stuff. You'd think they would use a bit of commom sense at this time of year:rant:.

Now instead its a trip to the local tip/recycling centre.

RUBBISH! RUBBISH! RUBBISH!

Jim

We are a family of four and we often only put the black bin out every couple of weeks when it needs emptying.

At Christmas though, most households probably produce more waste this week than any other week of the year, especially when you have two children like us, the amount of waste packaging from toys is unbelievable.

The bin wagon crews deserve a day off for the bank holidays, but I'd rather they take an extra day in January.

Veolia are truly awful. Where we are in s8 we switched over to the new blue bin / blue box system at the start of December and haven't had a recycling collection since. I appreciate that thing were made difficult by the snow (even though our road had been completely cleared the day before), but when I contacted Veolia they said that we'd have to wait until the next collection on the 24th of December. However, no collection came. We now have a massive pile of paper, stacks of plastic and glass, and nowhere to put them! To make things worse some of our neighbours have stuffed our blue bin and box to overflowing!

Does anyone know whether there are any penalty clauses in the contract SCC awarded Veolia for waste collection and recycling? It seems to me that if there is then they surely must have triggered them!

A

Had our blue bin emptied today but they've left everybodies blue boxes.

Are they emptying them different now ?

Before they emptied them both at the same time on the same lorry.