Phone upgrade, anyone got haggling experience with o2? also, Three vs 02?

Hi All,

due for a phone upgrade, want to keep my number, been looking at deals online, do need a new phone, currently with 02. Their deals seem rubbish compared to deals from Three and even T Mobile. If i call 02 and do the 'loyal customer for years, want to stay with you' etc speech, are they likely to match those deals? anyone had any experience of haggling with 02? If they tell me to shove it then i'm going to go with one of the Three mobile deals i think, what's coverage like around sheffield, anyone got good comments on three?

cheers all, stay warm!!

:)

I too was a loyal customer of o2 for years and tried haggling with them on an upgrade, with absolutely no joy. I moved to Orange and they are so much better, willing to haggle on upgrades, offer better deals and their customer service is far, far better. I have no idea what Three are like but I'm sticking with Orange, especially now they have linked to T-mobile and I can get the T-mobile signal if the Orange one isn't good.

I think instead of pulling the loyal customer card, you should pull the "im leaving the network" card - it will probably get you more perks!

yeah... the 'i'm leaving the network' card may well come out. although last time i tried that i hung up having agreed to an 18 month contract and a new phone AND a higher tariff!!! I still don't know how they did that :D

I must admit one of the guys here has a Iphone on 3. She gets a good deal and never uses her allowances but pays something like £25 a month. I'm on O2 and I might well change as it seems just as good.

why not buy the phone you want and use giffgaff network if you family and friends are on the same network its free calls to each other even if you have no credit left if you sign up using my link you get £5 free credit http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/jayjay69

Just phone them and say "I'm phoning to get the code to switch my number to another network", don't even mention that you'd consider staying with them. I can guarantee that they'll do the best they can to keep you! A colleague of mine did that recently because she wanted a new HTC phone and had found a really good deal with another company, she didn't even think it was worth asking if they could do a better deal for her, but she ended up staying with O2 cos they offered her all sorts of free stuff and a cheaper tariff than she'd been on before.

Dont go with 3, in my experience customer service v. poor and reception not good. Orange deals good and now share coverage with T Mobile also good customer service.

Some good deals online with mobiles direct (upgrades as well)

Dont go with 3, in my experience customer service v. poor and reception not good. Orange deals good and now share coverage with T Mobile also good customer service.

Some good deals online with mobiles direct (upgrades as well)

agreed, dont use 3, please dont do it!!! total rubbish. bad reception, worse customer service, website NEVER works :(

T-mobile or orange get my vote :)

I did what rosaespanola said- asked for my pac code so I could leave but keep my number and they were very helpful in finding me a suitable deal so I would stay. Just keep calm and polite and they will do their best to please you! Worked for me!

i told them i was leaving and they did me a great deal told them i was going to virgin .

wrote down the deals other companies were offering, haggled with o2 cos they couldn't match them. They said sorry, i said put me through to your cancellations department please, cancellations department then offered me a a fiver off their best deal, which i accepted.

glad i didn't go with 3 after what you lot have been saying! Thanks for advice :)