Unofficial Rat Rescue

Just posting this to offer help out to anyone who is struggling to rehome their rats.

I have been keeping rats for the last 5 (heading up to 6) years, and in that time have been very heavily involved in rescue - and last year i took the decision to start breeding a line of my own. However, this hasn't stopped me taking in waifs and strays for fostering and eventual rehoming.. (quite often rehoming... to myself :blush:, when i end up falling in love.

Basically, this post is just to say - i'm contactable if anyone needs any help with rehoming - or has rats that need to find a new home. I know that christmas is not a good time for people wanting to adopt rats, but while i have space at the inn, they might as well be here until a home can be found :)

I do vet all potential homes, and have access to rescue funding and a large network of potential adopters.

Aww, that's so kind of you! It's great that people have somewhere local to turn to if they need any kind of rat related help. :love:

If you are interested I have an avery type cage which I had for my 5 girls. It has been outside and will need a sand down and a paint, hopefully all the pieces should be there but you can have for your rescues if you like. I am based in Chesterfield so it may be a bit far for you to come. If you are interested let me know and I will check it out to make sure it's all ok.

Ooh! that would be wonderful! I have a friend in Chesterfield, who owes me a rat-related favour, so i could get him to collect it and do it up for me!

I do love this forum :):love:

Great, I'll fetch it out and get back to you. It will be on Wednesday as I work 'till 9pm tomorrow.

That's great :) and I'm sure it's much needed now Lesleyann's moved to Cambridge, and most general rescues don't seem to have much of a clue about ratties n their proper care...

Whippee - nice to have another rescue on here to help

When we get our new website up and running - we will do a link for you.

thanks for helping rats in distress

aww lilly your such a good un! i can vouch that they would be in fantastic hands in lillies dedicated rat room and having adopted from her myself she def does vet potential homes

It's all there, a bit frozen but it should be ok. Let me know when you want to collect and we'll sort something out.

Aww thats really lovely nice to know theres someone there for the little guys!

It's all there, a bit frozen but it should be ok. Let me know when you want to collect and we'll sort something out.

I will get in touch with Tim asap - can you PM me your address and a contact number? So i can give him an idea of where you are?

Thankyou sooo much! :love:

Lillyland I have added your rescue to the list in the stickies here, good luck with it all :)