Boardwalk. Is it shut?

:) Cheers for that Wozman and Melv... I'll have to try the Greystones then. can you point me towards some listings for them?

:) Cheers for that Wozman and Melv... I'll have to try the Greystones then. can you point me towards some listings for them?

Hope this helps feargal.

http://www.mygreystones.co.uk/

The Boardwalk must be built!

It's been shut before and come back from the dead. Let's hope it's a short hiatus. The history of the place is unique. If the only thing it had ever staged was the first Clash gig, that alone would be worth keeping it going for and celebrating it. But hundreds of other great names have played there too.

Yes it's ready for a refurb, but let's keep these treasures going if we can.

Their business plan was pretty terrible, charging £5 for unsigned band nights (with no guarantee of any talent) when Corporation and Plug could get you a signed band for the same price. Other than that it was just folk/blues or tribute bands...In a time when people aren't exactly flocking to see bands, you should at least try booking bands that people may want to see! I remember seeing Heaven's Basement there in 2008 and it having a good couple of hundred people...last time I played there was about 10 watching...

Ever thought the reason there was only 10 people watching you could of been that your band is *****,rather than blaming the managments buisness plan.

Just a view from another angle ;)