Boardwalk. Is it shut?

I missed that concert by the Clash. Considered going, but thought I would stay in and save the 50p cost of admission.

I hadn't ever heard of the Clash or the band they were supporting, some outfit called the Sex Pistols.

So what you are saying is you know the names of 2 bands that you didn't go to see.

So what you are saying is you know the names of 2 bands that you didn't go to see.

Both of which are rubbish.

Both of which are rubbish.

But probably both earned considerably more than you, and had a bigger fan base.

Just getting back to the actual topic of discussion.

I was told that there was a problem regarding agreement over terms of lease and owners had decided not to renew.

I just wondered if there was anyone who actually knows anything regarding this, or whether it is just another rumour?

I'll probably find out in the next few days, im quite good friends with the ex licensee, whos dad does all the promotions for the venue still. Shame if it does shut, but its been in decline for a while, the acadamy has done some damage to a few of the local live music venues.

the lease was taken over by someone who didnt have a clue what he was doing and now the brewery has taken the keys back and has no plans to do anything with it and the only gigs they could hold would be unplugged as the sound engineer (my mate) has taken all his gear back so if anyone needs a good sound engineer p.m me

But probably both earned considerably more than you, and had a bigger fan base.

You waster :hihi:

Just getting back to the actual topic of discussion.

I was told that there was a problem regarding agreement over terms of lease and owners had decided not to renew.

I just wondered if there was anyone who actually knows anything regarding this, or whether it is just another rumour?

It is just another rumour.

I can't beleive that Under The Boardwalk, some idiot painted the ceiling. It was covered in the signitures of various bands, some famous.

I can't beleive that Under The Boardwalk, some idiot painted the ceiling. It was covered in the signitures of various bands, some famous.

I heard it was Banksy who painted it.

I can't see Banksy using Magnolia?

According to the then landlord, Herby Armstrong, the signitures were not fake. His Mate Lord Such had even signed his name up their. .