Memories of The City School - Stradbroke Road

Wow ! Reading these post has the memories flooding back....I went to City from 1980 - 1985 - the last 2 years in the 6th form.

RIP - Bob Parsonage - He was my old form tutor......A truly nice bloke....Taught German when he wasn't keeping an eye on us trying to nick his fags !

RIP Anne Rigby.....I kept in touch with her long after she left City and moved to Scotland...a truly sad loss.......a great person and friend

Wow ! Reading these post has the memories flooding back....I went to City from 1980 - 1985 - the last 2 years in the 6th form.

RIP - Bob Parsonage - He was my old form tutor......A truly nice bloke....Taught German when he wasn't keeping an eye on us trying to nick his fags !

RIP Anne Rigby.....I kept in touch with her long after she left City and moved to Scotland...a truly sad loss.......a great person and friend

you was probably in my year x loved that place

My form was 2FS (FS for "Full Stop") - Summed our lot up really - I always thought most of em in our class were an afterthought (if you know what I mean) !!

If

i war form cs i think god i cant remember lol sooo long ago x i hung around with all the idiots heheheheh

Damn this freekin keyboard!

Sharon...if you were in my year....you must remember Shep, Pat Maddock, Pex, Connors and the like...... !!!

Happy Dayz Indeed :)

i war form cs i think god i cant remember lol sooo long ago x i hung around with all the idiots heheheheh

If you hung around with the idiots then you will have bumped into me...by the way....Weren't Shep, Maddock and John Garrett in CS ?!

u may have been the year above me then i remember connors that rings a bell i was in paul brices year paul mullis ,daren harrop , my surname was brown then .

Yeah with the names you have mentioned - yours must have been the year below ours...

good old days ehh ??? thought at the time i hated it but god id love to go back just for one day lol x

I can honestly say those were great days with some VERY understanding teachers......I sometimes wonder how they coped...(probably with industrial quantities of alcohol, ciggies and temazepan)

I can still remember loads of their names...

Mr Swift (Swifty)

Mr & Mrs Brown

Mr Gelder & Mr Butler

Neal Lovell

Miss Shimmin

Miss Townsend

St John & Tingle

Kita & Paulson

Sando

Debes

Bob Parsonage (RIP)

Ann Rigby (RIP)

I also took a walk down the Shirebrook Valley today past where I used to walk to school and where I spent an awful lot of my youth......Can't believe how much it has all changed....then again....it is about 25 years since I last went there !!!

wasnt there a girl called thers who made a record i think she sang it in the eurovision song contest round about 2007 or 8

Mr Tingle was a nice fella, at break times if he was skint he would go round the smokers corner and "confiscate " someone`s fags. He took us for football one day and ended up on crutches for months, don`t mess with the ex Woodthorpe boys:D

i remember the tackle that caused that injury ,he had picked on one of our mates and when he got the ball got tackled from both sides i think it was alan martin we got done but it was worth it ,actually he was a top bloke and became good mates . Does anyone remember Mr Burgin he was a sports teacher he came with us from woodthorpe another good bloke no airs and graces.