Memories of The City School - Stradbroke Road

I knew Mark Dyson.

What ever happened to him?

Guest bostonaire

ive known him years........long story.....cant seem to catch up with him these days though..would love to meet up with him and look back on our our youth!

Originally posted by squeakyclean

Does anyone remember the science teacher with the mad hair and glasses

Mr Poulson - the chuff once made me write 'I must not flick water at my fellow students' 100 times.

I was there till 85.

I think Mr poulson is the science teacher I was trying to think of but I might be wrong. Ahh the memories.no uniform as such but us girls had to have bottle green pe skirts and we all wore Dunlop green flash for some reason!

i know michelle kett and mark dyson.michelle now lives in hackenthorpe

Mr Fletcher was there still when I was I should have left in 2001/2002 but left about a year before I should have, I would like to get in touch with a Laura Fisher we were good friends she lives either around their still or woodthorpe area as I saw my head teacher from my primary school when I was selling on a car boot few week back he said she is still around. Laura also has a brother called michael and a little sister, Laura or any friends of Laura, get her to reply to me!

:clap:

There is a family called Fisher not far from us but not sure if it is the right one. No nothing of a laura but I know there is a Michael plus a younger one called Bethany.

P.s would have gone to city

Any of you remember the webbs. John, Dave, Alison ect

Went there in 66.

About a dozen of us from Hurlfield Boys had to transfer to do "A" levels.

Change in teaching styles was so great that think we all left within 6 months of starting.

Shame really.

I went there from 77 to 84. I remember Mr Hugson and his cornish pasty shoes, Mr Debes, the head, always telling us in assemblies to work hard but play hard. Yeah right. and Mr Tingle, who was really, really scary.

Apparently they have table top sales in the school hall around Christmas time, so if you ever want to go back and have a nosy, sounds like the perfect opportunity.

Originally posted by Crimson

I went there from 77 to 84. I remember Mr Hugson and his cornish pasty shoes, Mr Debes, the head, always telling us in assemblies to work hard but play hard. Yeah right. and Mr Tingle, who was really, really scary.

Apparently they have table top sales in the school hall around Christmas time, so if you ever want to go back and have a nosy, sounds like the perfect opportunity.

Same years as me, we must know each other;)

Are you thinking of Mr Hugman the RE teacher. He used to have us write stories from the Bible in our own words, we used to introduce new characters like Godzilla and Superman to see if he actually looked at our work, he did - you used to get a big red ring round it and a question mark.

Mr Tingle the fag puffing PE teacher became Mayor of Rotherham didn't he?

There was also:

Mr Sanderson with his "Shaat Aarp" (Shut Up) catchphrase.

Mr Drage who nipped of to the Angel for a drink when possible.

Mr Mallinson who used his car as a giant ashtray.

Mr Grabba who sternly coached us to victory in rugby.

Mr Chatterton who told us about his war experiences instead of teaching us music.

Ms Rigby who sadly got Lupus and died.

I was in class 2CA, 3CA etc. With Mr Butler (BillyWing because of his big collar shirts) as form teacher. Jarvis Cocker's sister Saskia was in our class.

I think he was a bit after most of you but heard over the weekend that sadly Mr Parsonage passed away

Cancer i believe?

Martin