Memories of The City School - Stradbroke Road

Anyone here from City??? I was there from 1974 to 1979 and have fond memories of the place. It always had a reputation of being a good school as it took a lot of the old teachers with it to the new site at Stradbroke when it turned comprehensive from being a grammar school on Leopold Street (then education offices and now site for yet more trendy flats, bars etc). Many of my friends kids go there now but I have never been back since I left in June 79. Maybe a visit is in order lol

I was there until 85.

Remember Mr Fletcher and his mad essays?

Mr Tindall and the tuck shop?

School trips to Hayfield Farm and the Norfolk Broads?

Marvellous days...

Hi does anyone know michelle kett she went to city school?

I was at city left in 1980.Stiil keep in touch with some of old school mates.Only joined site today not figured it out yet.

I left City after 6th Form in 1984.

Recently went to Hayfield and found the farm, it's all boarded up now but basically sound, wonder if it will come up for sale. The track up to it was really steep and rough, how did they get the Sherpa van up there.

Top memories: getting caught drinking in the Strad, breaking into the tuckshop every night, seeing Pulp in the hall.

I went to city, but left in 2003 :-)

My aunties both went there, Jean and Susan Hamilton, both in their late 40's, so probably left about 30 years ago.

Originally posted by msbehavin

Anyone here from City??? I was there from 1974 to 1979 and have fond memories of the place. It always had a reputation of being a good school as it took a lot of the old teachers with it to the new site at Stradbroke when it turned comprehensive from being a grammar school on Leopold Street lol

In fact it was still a grammar after moving to Stradbroke, and didn't become a comprehensive until 1969 or thereabouts.

I didn't go there myself, but we could see the school from our house.

Tazz

I went to City left in 1996..

Found quite a lot of old friends on Freind's Reunited

Left there in 1986. Does anyone remember the science teacher with the mad hair and glasses ?(not many liked him very much) I can't remember his name. Some teachers are still there inc Mr Tingle and Miss Jackson.

i didnt go there..........being a beaver hill lad :P ......but i used to hang around there and went to the youth club there........where hazzo used to take his keyboards and play....lol

Guest bostonaire

did anyone know mark dyson?