Sw.anky Franks American Diner - Woodseats

sorry to burst your bubble, but the burgers are not freshly made, all the food is pre made frozen crap and is deliverd on a monday from a well known food supplier.

I am new to this but always read posts if I am interested in visiting a new place etc..

I went to S***kys for a meal on New Years Eve and it was fab, the burgers ARE freshly made as when you order they are made to order, so if thats not fresh what is???? You can see the chefs making them when you walk in, Im not a fan of American Diners but tried it because the children wanted to and saw it advertised in Active 8, it was great and will visit it again.

Went tonight. Fab homemade veggie burgers! Will go again.

we went a couple of weeks ago and the food was fab!! Excellant service and the toblerone cheesecake to die for :0)

Its top end American Dining and the decor is soo different to most other places, I will definitely be going again.

Id be interested in going IF theyre burgers are hand made and dont use breadcrumbs or onions as filler (good hamburgers are made from 80-85% chop meat, the fat in the burgers will hold the meat together while cooking) Also if the meat is decent, you dont need to add any other flavour because the meat is tasty itself.

Im kinda of a consieur when it comes to hamburgers, and have yet to find a non-chain here in the UK that knows how to serve a half way decent one.

Let me tell you Burgers are def handmade... have seen them prepping them in the morning right in front of my eyes... The frozen food delivery.. wonder where that could be from oh yeah Wetherspoons is right next door... probably the best bet I am thinking...

Thanks eveyone for all the positive comments... business is doing well and the team is working hard to make it the best burger joint in town...

i'm going again tonight but as I have been drinking rather heavily since lunchtime I no doubt will have a lovely time.When in the past I have visited a restaurant in this condition I have a tendency to speak very loudly and steal food from the plates of my dining companions, this can often elicit harsh words from my wife which in turn can occasionally cause me to accuse her of being somewhat of a killjoy, at worst this situation can then easily escalate to a full blown confrontation, whereas usually it creates little more than a tense atmosphere of simmering hostility, if you're there tonight look out for us.

sorry to burst your bubble, but the burgers are not freshly made, all the food is pre made frozen crap and is deliverd on a monday from a well known food supplier.

thats certainly not true as when we were sat downstairs we were watching the chef make the burgers!!! also they are closed on mondays so wouldn't have deliveries !!!

I'm moving to woodseats in a few weeks and I think this will be the first place I will be trying .... YUM

Id be interested in going IF theyre burgers are hand made and dont use breadcrumbs or onions as filler (good hamburgers are made from 80-85% chop meat, the fat in the burgers will hold the meat together while cooking) Also if the meat is decent, you dont need to add any other flavour because the meat is tasty itself.

Im kinda of a consieur when it comes to hamburgers, and have yet to find a non-chain here in the UK that knows how to serve a half way decent one.

I had the 'cheeky' burger last night. I wasn't expecting much seeing as I'd been tainted by the comments on here, but was very impressed. Burgers were very, very good. Probably the best burger meat I've had, they were juicy and tasty. no fillers.

It came with onion rings, cheese sauce, salad, and chips.

I'd recommend them, give it a go.

Staff were also very good. So am thinking perhaps the teething problems have been resolved. (we also arrived closer to 10pm on a sunday and they still let us in when yankees had turned us away....)

we went earlier today.

nice burgers. poor fries. average onion rings.

but the big one for me...awful service!!!!

the manager/owner just walks around with a notepad and pen trying to look busy when he could be helping out. I could list so many things wrong with this place!

it's a shame cos the burgers were very good.

go at your peril!

I've been twice, its a shame because Kito's is really good.

The food here is good but the service though much improved over the first visit is still poor, they have got the bill massively wrong on both visits and the delay in getting served the first time was stupid, the second time much better again but still too long, also had to ask for drinks twice and never got the finger bowl for the ribs. I also hate the chopping boards for plates.

The management in Kitos is very hands on, but I do feel they need to do more in Franks because the new staff are struggling and making too many mistakes.

I see potential but wont be going back again for 6 months or so hopefully they'll get their act together. I really wish it wasn't a negative review, but it all down to the service.