Fly fishing Yorkshire ?

does any 1 know of any good small waters in Yorkshire good for large trout for fly fishing ?

iv tried nearly every were in Yorkshire as far as i know so im looking for somewhere new ?

thanks Joel

does any 1 know of any good small waters in Yorkshire good for large trout for fly fishing ?

iv tried nearly every were in Yorkshire as far as i know so im looking for somewhere new ?

thanks Joel

Ladybower, Barlow (both Derbys.) Morehall north of Sheffield.

try ranskill just between retford and bawtry.used to be quite good plenty of fish

Have a look at Derbyshire County Angling Club. They've got lots of water including some good gravel pits, mid wales, scotland, ogston, carsington, manifold and dove.

I caught my first trout as a young boy with my Dad on either the Dove or Manifold.

If you've plenty of cash then Chatsworth is close by.

hi have you tried scout dyke reservoir just through penistone

I know of two which you may not know!

Sorry I don't know names but I'm good with directions!

1st is off the M1 @ J37 (Dodworth) take road for Holmfirth. Come to roundabout on top of the hill and take 3rd exit, lake is 100yrds on left.

Second is just after you get through woodhead, on the right coming from Sheffield.

i went to one a few years back:) i think its still fly only. not sure what pond is called ? but if you take the A629 towards stocksbridge bypass.when you turn left onto bypass.take your next left onto woodhead road. a couple of hundred yards on right there is a lane/track that leads to some woods.where there is a carpark. above the carpark is a small dam. it used to be day ticket and there was always loads of fish jumping. but if i remember it was hard fishing:). if you decide to try let me know i might tag along:) as i have not had the fly gear out for a few years:rolleyes:

i went to one a few years back:) i think its still fly only. not sure what pond is called ? but if you take the A629 towards stocksbridge bypass.when you turn left onto bypass.take your next left onto woodhead road. a couple of hundred yards on right there is a lane/track that leads to some woods.where there is a carpark. above the carpark is a small dam. it used to be day ticket and there was always loads of fish jumping. but if i remember it was hard fishing:). if you decide to try let me know i might tag along:) as i have not had the fly gear out for a few years:rolleyes:

Wharncliffe Fly Fishery

Flash Earth

Edited by me-and-pippo
2nd link added

Barlow

Ingbirchworth (browns only)

Wharncliffe (Members only)

Press Manor

Errwood

Scout Dike (closed at the mo)

More Hall

Ladybower (closed at the mo, and currently undergoing a change of ownership)

Bit further afield is Arnfield at the end of the snake pass.

Cleatham (near scunny).

Ranskill nr Retford