Don't let Sheffield become 'the forgotten Blitz'

They don't always put the programs on iPlayer as soon as they've been broadcast. Have a bit of patience and check tomorrow.

Yup. Iplayer only have a 'stub' for it at the moment and it is currently marked as 'coming soon'. So at least it looks like it will be up. That's a good thing as I was a complete idiot and missed it despite intending to watch it. Sigh.

Your link

Isnt working. Surely there is a way to watch it for people who have misses it!!!!!

It loads fine when I click on the link. If you'd go to iPlayer and searched for the unusual word 'Sheffield' you'd find yourself mind.

Yes, the page doesn't have the 'play' button yet but eventually it will, at that address.

It loads fine when I click on the link. If you'd go to iPlayer and searched for the unusual word 'Sheffield' you'd find yourself mind.

Yes, the page doesn't have the 'play' button yet but eventually it will, at that address.

ACTUALLY ive done that! Searched all the words! I am using it on my ps3 thpugh so maybe it shows differently.

Hope so I meant to watch it but our flippin digiboxes have both thrown a wobbly and refuse to show any channels this week was really looking forward to watching it too. Thanks for starting the thread and bringing it to my attention, always fascinated by our lovely citys history

My grandad was in Marples on that evening having a couple of pints after work. Thankfully he left before the bombs hit.

Have you ever seen any old photos of the inside of Marples before it got bombed.

It looked a very grand.

Anyone got an avi they can torrent/put on rapidshare etc?

No need - it's available on iPlayer now.

No need - it's available on iPlayer now.

But that only lasts for a few days because of the DRM. I'm after a proper permanent copy, perhaps if someone's got a Box.bz account and can re-upload it somewhere public?

Edited by Dan_Ashcroft

Watched it on iplayer this morning. Found it very interesting and eye opening. Prior to watching I had only known of it through being told about it by my mum and dad

I also remember my gran telling me about the night of the blitz on many occasions .. I used to be fascinated.......

must have been terrifying for em :(

The Marples was a popular haunt of the tram drivers/conductors. My grandma used to work on the trams and normally would have gone to the Marples however that night she decided to try and get home to Tinsley instead. Luckily for us she made that decision, several of her work mates died in the attack.