Retro games night

my minds going into overdrive now thinking of games lol

goldeneye - n64

chuckie egg / manic miner - speccy (on the speccy youd take it one at a time proper retro styley and see who gets the furthest, most score)

speedball 2 - mastersystem / megadrive / commode?

ive got a couple of points tho

if its a small informal (free) gathering would the pub allow their electric to be used, would the machines/ tellys still need to be pat tested?

how would you stop idiots from walking in and trashing / stealing the games / machines.....at least with a big show its paid for which cuts most of the idiots out.

at the sheffield one, there was a beeb right next to a mates speccy stall so we had a chuckie egg compo (as id never played it on the beeb, but rather handy on the speccy version, even when i got home i loaded it into an emulator and posted my hi score on a forum lol)

You do raise more good points!

This is exactly why I asked for thoughts before organsing too much.

yeah thinking about it things would probably need to be pat tested. that could hinder things. Not sure about idiots walking in. there are too many about.

thanks

tbh i was more a football manager on the speccy type :P

If we're talking about speccy football games, Match Day every time. Using the tried and tested keys: QA for up and down and OP for left and right and M to shoot.

I'm up for that! I've got a SNES with loads of games and a multi-tap I could bring along.

Also got a netbook which runs emulators really well.

I'm up for that! I've got a SNES with loads of games and a multi-tap I could bring along.

Also got a netbook which runs emulators really well.

a netbooks good specially with a projector and a nice big white wall :)

If we're talking about speccy football games, Match Day every time. Using the tried and tested keys: QA for up and down and OP for left and right and M to shoot.

I was always a z-x for left and right with k-m for up and down kinda guy :D

This does sound like a good idea, especially as the games that have been mentioned are all taking me back (speedball 2, sensi soccer etc) - oooh can I also add Supercars 2 on the Amiga in there too please.

4- Player NBA Jam on the SNES please (using a multi-tap of course).

FROM DOWNTOWN!!!!!

Where were you able to host them? did you have to pay or they happy with getting people in?

Didnt have to pay as the venues were happy with the extra custom.

I did these nights at the Dove & Rainbow and West St Live (however the ownership has now changed at WSL)

Incidentally I have an Xbox 360. I know there is a game out there that has 30 classic Megadrive games on it. Does anyone know if one exists for the Amiga or SNES?

Get a Gorf machine there with the proper joystick and i will gladly pay to play

Can anybody help me with regards emulators? I just can't get them to run on my Pc through my own incompetence. Could anyone talk me through setting them up or direct me to a good site with easy instructions