Policeman found not guilty of causing death by dangerous driving.

The siren is not sounded if it is considered that it would alert the offender that the police were trying to catch them.

YES! better that, than some losing their life.

The only way to ensure no policeman ever accidentally kills a pedestrian is to not let them drive anywhere, ever. Do you consider that a sensible option?

YES! better that, than some losing their life.

Sadly accidents happen.

If your life was threatened I am sure you would want the police to attend as quickly as possible. The response time could literally save your life.

Sadly accidents happen.

If your life was threatened I am sure you would want the police to attend as quickly as possible. The response time could literally save your life.

Yes, I am sure I would, but the increasing number of people being killed by speeding police cars seems to be increasing. I think the police need to look at the speed to which they drive to emergencies, because as I pointed out .. what is the point of saving a life, if its going to cost a life?

Just been on the news, policeman found not guilty of causing death by dangerous driving. A policeman on his way to a 999 call, travelling at over 70 mph in a 30 mph zone, knocks down and kills a man. Charged and taken to court and found not guilty. Is it one law for them and another law for others. What do you think ?.

No, it isnt one law for them and one for us, hence the reason he was arrested, charged and went to court.

The trial was heard by a judge and jury, the same as any criminal prosecution.

Yes, I am sure I would, but the increasing number of people being killed by speeding police cars seems to be increasing. I think the police need to look at the speed to which they drive to emergencies, because as I pointed out .. what is the point of saving a life, if its going to cost a life?

It is very sad and regrettable when any life is lost in these circumstances but it has only happened in a very few cases in relation to the number of emergency calls responded to.

Just been on the news, policeman found not guilty of causing death by dangerous driving. A policeman on his way to a 999 call, travelling at over 70 mph in a 30 mph zone, knocks down and kills a man. Charged and taken to court and found not guilty. Is it one law for them and another law for others. What do you think ?.

Some may say its one law for them (The Police) and another law for others.

However a jury (Members of the public) sat for three days and listened to the evidence against the Police officer, and also his story.

The jury made the decision he was 'not guilty' of causing death by dangerous driving. Thats what juries do, and are there to make hard decisions that sometimes the public don't like.

I appreciate this is somewhat sad for the family, and I wouldn't want to be in their shoes.

At the end of the day its the jury members who have to live with the decisions that they make, sometimes wrongly as well as right.

If you don't consider trials by juries are the answer, what other method would you you like to see :|

Some may say its one law for them (The Police) and another law for others.

However a jury (Members of the public) sat for three days and listened to the evidence against the Police officer, and also his story.

The jury made the decision he was 'not guilty' of causing death by dangerous driving. Thats what juries do, and are there to make hard decisions that sometimes the public don't like.

I appreciate this is somewhat sad for the family, and I wouldn't want to be in their shoes.

At the end of the day its the jury members who have to live with the decisions that they make, sometimes wrongly as well as right.

If you don't consider trials by juries are the answer, what other method would you you like to see :|

Trial by Forum....;)