How many men is it ok for a woman to sleep with..?

You should be able to sleep with as few or as many people as you like, without it being anyone elses business (if you're male or female). It's got nothing to do with anyone else and the moral high horse makes me sick. Everyone's different and hold their own values. Nobody is right or wrong. It's personal choice.

I certainly don't think it makes you different or a "bad person" if you sleep with many men, or just the one.

Originally posted by sugarnspice

You should be able to sleep with as few or as many people as you like, without it being anyone elses business (if you're male or female). It's got nothing to do with anyone else and the moral high horse makes me sick. Everyone's different and hold their own values. Nobody is right or wrong. It's personal choice.

I certainly don't think it makes you different or a "bad person" if you sleep with many men, or just the one.

Yes, and that's *your* opinion, but as discussed, the reality is that the majority of men are put off with women who have slept with lots of different partners.

Originally posted by t020

Yes, and that's *your* opinion, but as discussed, the reality is that the majority of men are put off with women who have slept with lots of different partners.

Both T020 and sugarnspice are right. I think the majority agree that a woman can sleep with as many guys as she wishes and feels comfortable with. Some women (like men) will do it as they feel insecure and some just because they love sex and dont want the hassle of a relationship.

But T020 has a point, many men i know are put off if the woman has slepped with many men. It is just a fact. If a girl told me she was put off by the number of girls a guy had slepped with then again i see no problem

Just a small query, was this thread started by a M or F?

Originally posted by sugarnspice

Hear hear well said sugarnspice!!!:thumbsup:

Lets find out, are there any volunteers :clap: .

I have loved a lot women in my time, been in love with just a few, wish i stayed with one in peticular (a sheffield lass) but some will say i'm a dog, some i was a good friend, but one just the greatest thing that ever happened to her...

Sleep with as many as you like..

:thumbsup: Go for it...

Originally posted by youwhatref

But T020 has a point, many men i know are put off if the woman has slepped with many men. It is just a fact. If a girl told me she was put off by the number of girls a guy had slepped with then again i see no problem

I think what is annoying to women about some of the attitudes on this thread though is the argument that we should just accept the double standard as the way things are. I think we can all pretty much agree that this usually matters more to men than to women, and that many men do not like to have a partner who has had more sexual partners than they have. But for men on this board to just turn round and say ‘tough, that’s the way it is, get used to it’ is ignoring the issue completely. Why do men hold this idea in their heads that a woman should be less experienced than he is? Is it an affront to his ego? Does it make him feel inadequate? I don’t quite understand what the problem is. If women can accept partners who have more experience than them, then it really shouldn’t be so difficult for a man to do the same. Maybe it is time for men who think that this is important to take a look at themselves rather than judging others.

Originally posted by banesmabes

I think what is annoying to women about some of the attitudes on this thread though is the argument that we should just accept the double standard as the way things are. I think we can all pretty much agree that this usually matters more to men than to women, and that many men do not like to have a partner who has had more sexual partners than they have. But for men on this board to just turn round and say ‘tough, that’s the way it is, get used to it’ is ignoring the issue completely. Why do men hold this idea in their heads that a woman should be less experienced than he is? Is it an affront to his ego? Does it make him feel inadequate? I don’t quite understand what the problem is. If women can accept partners who have more experience than them, then it really shouldn’t be so difficult for a man to do the same. Maybe it is time for men who think that this is important to take a look at themselves rather than judging others.

For some people there isn't a double standard. Im a woman and have serious issues with men who sleep around. I'd find it difficult to be in a relationship with somebody who had had lots of previous partners, probably because I'd be constantly worried if I was as good as them. I'd also be paranoid that said man had problems with commitment and would therefore be likely to cheat on me. All this is completely personal to me but I expect is similar to how some men might feel dating a woman who had had a large number of partners. It's not right or wrong, it doesn't make the person sleeping around wrong, it's just down to individual people. But please don't start on the feminist argument of a double standard, there isn't one, it's just something that had been created by (mainly feminist) sociologists. I don't know a single woman that thinks a man is a "stud" for sleeping around, he's far more likely to receive the taunt "get thee to a GUM clinic".

Originally posted by Lucy_Smith

For some people there isn't a double standard. Im a woman and have serious issues with men who sleep around. I'd find it difficult to be in a relationship with somebody who had had lots of previous partners, probably because I'd be constantly worried if I was as good as them. I'd also be paranoid that said man had problems with commitment and would therefore be likely to cheat on me. All this is completely personal to me but I expect is similar to how some men might feel dating a woman who had had a large number of partners. It's not right or wrong, it doesn't make the person sleeping around wrong, it's just down to individual people. But please don't start on the feminist argument of a double standard, there isn't one, it's just something that had been created by (mainly feminist) sociologists. I don't know a single woman that thinks a man is a "stud" for sleeping around, he's far more likely to receive the taunt "get thee to a GUM clinic".

I have to disagree - there is a double standard because it is something that is much more likely to bother men than it is women. It doesn't mean that it doesn't bother ALL women, but the double standard is that more men think it matters. It is a symptom of the sexual double standards of society.

Originally posted by banesmabes

I have to disagree - there is a double standard because it is something that is much more likely to bother men than it is women. It doesn't mean that it doesn't bother ALL women, but the double standard is that more men think it matters. It is a symptom of the sexual double standards of society.

It may be a double standard on a general, gender level, but on an individual level for me (and probably many other men) there's no double standard - I don't sleep around and I wouldn't want a girlfriend that had slept around either. It's a case of compatible morality, as well as minimising risk (of them having affairs, STDs, etc).

Originally posted by t020

It may be a double standard on a general, gender level, but on an individual level for me (and probably many other men) there's no double standard - I don't sleep around and I wouldn't want a girlfriend that had slept around either. It's a case of compatible morality, as well as minimising risk (of them having affairs, STDs, etc).

Exactly, I also don't condone men sleeping around. It's all about personal morals, and I don't feel like it is in any way a double standard to me.

so then the correct answer to the generally phrased question that started this entire thread is, as it often is;

It depends.