How many men is it ok for a woman to sleep with..?

Originally posted by Cyclone

So it's really all the fault of women for not holding the same anacronistic puritanical views that some men do, now I understand.

:clap: Totally agree Cyclone. I hate how any unfairness women face is always turned back on women as their own fault.

Originally posted by SHsheff

I think the main message that's coming out of this thread is erm, who's counting? Or, more to the point, who's going to give an honest answer? It sounds like, 'Awwww three, but none of them really made me feel it was worth doing, darling, until YOU!' is the required response.

Duh!

:hihi:

It doesn't really matter at all, does it? Ok so we all have different views and moral values about it but that's why we choose different partners.

So it's really all the fault of women for not holding the same anachronistic puritanical views that some men do, now I understand.

Who said fault... You can't force the world to fit into the view you want it to. You don't think that the reason that men are not seen as slappers if they sleep around has ANYTHING to do with the fact that women are a lot more forgiving then men about it?

I didn't say fault, and it would be nice to say that there is no hypocrisy on the subject, but that isn't true, it's just what you'd like there to be... me too, but I'm willing to see the truth.

Originally posted by Snook

Who said fault... You can't force the world to fit into the view you want it to. You don't think that the reason that men are not seen as slappers if they sleep around has ANYTHING to do with the fact that women are a lot more forgiving then men about it?

I didn't say fault, and it would be nice to say that there is no hypocrisy on the subject, but that isn't true, it's just what you'd like there to be... me too, but I'm willing to see the truth.

but I think that this hypocritical attitude comes largely from women's views on the subject.

I may have misunderstood, but that sounds like you are saying women are hypocritical and that's generally considered to be a fault.

I still don't think it's 'most' men that would worry about this issue. I'll do a straw poll on my friends and students and get back to you.

I may have misunderstood, but that sounds like you are saying women are hypocritical and that's generally considered to be a fault.

I still don't think it's 'most' men that would worry about this issue. I'll do a straw poll on my friends and students and get back to you.

No, you do misunderstand... I don't mean that the hypocritical view comes from women... I didn't say that. I meant that womens views on the subject make many men have their hypocritical bias.

Maybe you have better friends than me, but I have discussed it with mine, and most would be put off a woman if they believed she had slept around.

Originally posted by banesmabes

I hate how any unfairness women face is always turned back on women as their own fault.

*tut* women are always moaning about something ...

I think you may find a womans only a whore if she charges for it......

If its free then she' just having fun.

Or thats how i c it.:thumbsup:

Think about it this way.. If a girl you've met has slept with 10 men and you think this isn't alot.. What would you say if she told you that 5 of them were your friends?

I'd never go out with a girl that's slept/gone out with ANY of my friends. Same as I wouldn't be suprised if a girl didn't want much to do with me if I'd slept with one of her friends.

Originally posted by banesmabes

With all due respect you know nothing about this relationship. It was not built on how many people he had slept with. I stated that I probably would have steered clear of him had I known his ‘number’ from day one. However I did not even know the fake number until some time after the relationship had started, by which point the real number would not have bothered me. As I said, if I did have this information from day one then it would have been my loss if I had then made the stupid decision not to have anything more to do with him on the basis of his sexual past. If this had happened then it would have been me who was in the wrong for judging this man before I even knew him properly, not him for having slept around a bit.

What I was highlighting with this example is what you can miss out on by holding stupid statistics like this is high regard. I used to think just the way you did, that lots of sexual partners = lack of morals, etc. Looking at what you write is like looking at me in the mirror 5 years ago. Then I got into a relationship with a man who it turns out had quite a few partners in his past – and guess what? I realised that people who have more than the average number of sexual partners are no different from anyone else. They are just as capable of building a lasting relationship, they are just as capable of being faithful, they are just as capable of holding the highest moral standards. What you are doing is stereotyping these people. You are judging each individual on your own prejudices. As a result you may miss out on the love of your life (who often turn up in forms that you never expected).

I don't think so - I've already found her. Incidentally, if you don't mind me asking, if this guy was so brilliant howcome he is your *ex*?

Originally posted by t020

I don't think so - I've already found her. Incidentally, if you don't mind me asking, if this guy was so brilliant howcome he is your *ex*?

Nothing to do with anything either of us did. He was working in the UK for a while when we met, then had to go back to the US because both his parents were very ill. We both moved on, although I often wonder 'what if'!

Although I do sometimes think that when a woman sleeps around it can indicate low self esteem. Women sometimes think that if they sleep with a guy (a one night stand) that he will like her but then in the morning she just feels like a slapper who has clearly been used.

I know a few girls like that but I also know a few girls who are having fun and enjoying themselves with no resultant low self esteem issues.

Guess it depends on the person. Anyway, I'm crossing my legs from now on :help:

Originally posted by intooblivion

Anyway, I'm crossing my legs from now on :help:

*looks innocent* Cos you need the toilet? :confused: