Ordering from Amazon - How much snow impact?

never had a problem with amazon but lately things are taking the mickey, still waiting for a couple of things over a week ago, let alone the stuff i ordered for christmas the other day Oo

i'v just been told today that anything ordered from yesterday will NOT be delivered for xmas the driver who delivered my parcel said he's working from 6 till 11 and they have'nt made any effect on what is waiting to be delivered

never had a problem with amazon but lately things are taking the mickey, still waiting for a couple of things over a week ago, let alone the stuff i ordered for christmas the other day Oo

They aren't taking the mickey.

What happened is that many areas of the UK basically had no post, at the busiest time of the year, for almost a week.

I know Parcelforce can barely cope at this time of year at the best of times, but this has basically left their storage units full to bursting with undelivered parcels. They're working 24/7 to get them cleared*, but it's a difficult and frustrating job.

But it's why you might be getting parcels in reverse as the newer ones are passing through the system, but the older ones, like several of mine, are still stuck in the network.

I've been told tonight my huge stock order is stuck in the depths of Parcelforce's UK hub and they can't even give me a date when we're to receive it. I've got my personal copy of Warcraft from Amazon lost in limbo somewhere, yet parcels I've sent this week are already reaching their destination...

Baffling, innit?

*Well, they say 24/7 - the mean about 3 hours a day (after smoke and lunch breaks :P )

Still waiting for mine from Amazon and they were shipped on the 7th Dec.

Looks like Amazon may be coming through for me. My two biggest dispatches are coming tracked via CityLink - so I'm very hopeful. As for the couple that aren't I'm just keeping my fingers crossed.

Orders I've placed recently have arrived within a few days (but definitely a little later than they usually do). Parcels which should have been delivered during the snow are nowhere to be seen. I've emailed Amazon and they've resent my orders first class postage. When the old parcels arrive (no doubt after Xmas) I just need to refuse them and they'll get sent back to Amazon.

I'm wondering if i'll hear the Royal Mail knock or just receive the "your parcel can be collected from,,," postcard!

Since that's a bus ride, that'll be another £4.30 delivery charge!

Must have woke up in a cynical mood today... Bah humbug!

I'm wondering if i'll hear the Royal Mail knock or just receive the "your parcel can be collected from,,," postcard!

Since that's a bus ride, that'll be another £4.30 delivery charge!

Must have woke up in a cynical mood today... Bah humbug!

Have them delivered to your nearest Post Office,if there is one near you.I think it costs 50 pence.

Have them delivered to your nearest Post Office,if there is one near you.I think it costs 50 pence.

Do I arrange that with my local post office?

Not that i'm not always in, but when I do have a load delivered, I do feel sorry for my RM bloke...

i've £400 worth of goods from Amazon lost somewhere out there, and no one knows where.

they've redespatched most of it, but that seems to be taking it's time too.

bargains they may be, but it'll be high street shopping for me next year

Do I arrange that with my local post office?

Not that i'm not always in, but when I do have a load delivered, I do feel sorry for my RM bloke...

It is on the slip they put through your letter box if you are not in.I believe you just phone the place where your parcel is and they will send it to your post office.

It is on the slip they put through your letter box if you are not in.I believe you just phone the place where your parcel is and they will send it to your post office.

Oh I see, thankyou!