Ordering from Amazon - How much snow impact?

Wondering if anyone has just received an order from Amazon where it's a standard Amazon product that should be delivered in only a couple of days. Wondering whether you had a delay and if so how much.

Reason is I've just ordered a lot of Christmas presents today. Delivery estimate for nearly all of it is no later than 17th December - but I'm worried that the snow could add time to that, potentially too much time to make it for Christmas!

It's not all gone - especially around the east of Sheffield but in any case there's a lot of backlog for many people and more snow forecast.

One supplier I contacted (non-amazon) says they're now working on 7-business days, which means 23rd December if ordered today(!)

partner ordered something last week (from amazon, shipped by amazon) and it arrived yesterday

im waiting on his gift to arrive from amazon as well (used 2 day priority) and hopefully should arrive today (ordered Friday night)

partner ordered something last week (from amazon, shipped by amazon) and it arrived yesterday

im waiting on his gift to arrive from amazon as well (used 2 day priority) and hopefully should arrive today (ordered Friday night)

Thanks, lets the pressure off a little - fingers crossed for minimal extra snow!

Just to say: as an internet retailer: we've had MASSIVE problems caused by the snow, not just in getting out orders, but in getting in stock. The couriers are overwhelmed and it's exceptionally frustrating.

We've had one courier delivery since November now (the Monday before the snow) and I've got orders from Amazon that still haven't arrived that were supposed to be here a week or two ago.

Really difficult situation.

A week or two? Anything special about these orders?

Do Amazon sell snow impact. Must be a new line they selling.

A week or two? Anything special about these orders?

Nope. The tracking just says they're stuck in Coventry. Called them today and they said they don't have an ETA on when I could receive my package.

Same with a few other couriers, too.

ordered toy story 3 on 24th november i got it 8th december

ordered elf 9th december it came 11th

ordered santa clause movie 9th no idea where it is

ordered steam trains box set 10th december no idea where that is too

all sent next day but ALL have been late some take the mick

My amazon orders are coming in backwards.

Ordered 4 packages and the last 2 ordered are here, the first two arent.

I need the first one as it for a relative away from home and we are doing the visit on Thursday.

She is only young and she wont understand why santa hasnt brought it!

I cant seem to find it anywhere else, in shops etc so I dont even have a back up!!

"Here's to it arriving tomorrow!"

If you look at the top right of any amazon.co.uk page there are links for info...

* 3 days left to order for Christmas

* with Free UK Delivery

* Info on weather-affected deliveries

However on shortening th link to post here I got a different page: Weather FAQ

Some areas of Scotland are experiencing delays of up to three days, and deliveries to the rest of the UK may take up to two or three days longer than usual.

So does that mean all deliveries across the UK could expect up to 3 days delay?

My personal experience with amazon.co.uk, is very good. Only 1 book never turned up, even though it was from someone on the marketplace and they refunded straight away.

P.S. 3 days left to order for Christmas with Free UK Delivery