13/12/2010 - Meteorite Shower tonight! Who's going?

u reckon we will see it from Oughtibridge???

I'm thinking of driving out later if I can get motivated! Not sure where I'm going to go yet

Nether Edge isn't too bad for seeing it, as long as you can see the big dipper clearly you are in an okay place but obviously the country side is better as you can see every star in the sky so you have something to look at when there's a break in the shooting stars :)

I would LOVE to go with my hubby but where can i see it from? I dont drive which is a shame :/

its been said this is happening tonight I(climax) but I saw one on Friday evening and you could have seen that anywhere! It was so bright. I just feel like getting out to take in the wintery night.

considering just one caught my eye easily on Friday, Id say so pink... Even accounting for the city glare

Hi Just read this http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/12/101213-geminids-meteor-shower-peak-december-science-space/

It says from 2 am best.

Will I be able to see it from Meersbrook Park ?

I read before that if you are in a city park you should be fine...I saw one once in Norfold park so I am guessing so yes :)

Outerbridge should be fantastic for it, just try and get high up as you can but it's out of the city so should be great for it.

considering just one caught my eye easily on Friday, Id say so pink... Even accounting for the city glare

That wasn't a shooting star I'm afraid to tell you! It was apart of this meteor shower but it was MUCH bigger and it broke up as it came into the earth's atmosphere, there's a thread on here and also it was on the news as lots of people had seen it. I sadly missed that! :(

Sky is very cloudy!!

I was just about to head to the hills with my son, for optimum viewing, then l saw the clouds and came back in :(