13/12/2010 - Meteorite Shower tonight! Who's going?

So tonight the Geminid shower is on tonight, with a view - in the right spot - of between 60-100 'shooting stars' an hour! I am trying to sort out a lift to get out to the country side to see it but who else is going?

Which direction should you look toward to see these? will it be possible to view from the city?

Look North :) Apparently you will be able to see the shower even with SOME city light so I guess that would depend on where you are! :)

I live near Waitrose on Ecclesall Road...not a chance of me seeing it I suppose :-(

I live near Waitrose on Ecclesall Road...not a chance of me seeing it I suppose :-(

I'm guessing not! Although we live just off abbeydale road on Nether Edge and we see the odd few - well we did in the last shower that was almost as big as this one - ...get on facebook and put on your status' that you need a lift! :) There's a lot of interest for it so you might end up getting one!

Which direction should you look toward to see these?

Up?

I'm sorry, and yes I know it was a childish answer.

I've got a car to drive myself, but my OH doesn't finish work until 1am, so I think we'd have missed most of it by the time he finishes and we get out to the countryside :(

I've got a car to drive myself, but my OH doesn't finish work until 1am, so I think we'd have missed most of it by the time he finishes and we get out to the countryside :(

It's going to be going on untill sunrise so you won't miss anything :) Pick him up from work and get out! :)

It's going to be going on untill sunrise so you won't miss anything :) Pick him up from work and get out! :)

I think I might just do that then :)