The Walnut Club - hathersage

Hi,

After dining out 3 times at the walnut club in Hathersage we are rather dissapointed with the entertainment - seeing the same musicians time after time - I think the band is called Black coffee! They are quite good but one requires a little variety!

Jane.

The Walnut Club's menu sounds scrummy! Is the food as nice as I imagine it to be?

Originally posted by tinajones

The Walnut Club's menu sounds scrummy! Is the food as nice as I imagine it to be?

We went a couple of weeks ago.

The food was good, but everything i had (spinach soup then fish - can't remember which?) tasted waaaaaaay too salty!

I'm not into gorging Chez La Lou style when going out for a meal but the portions were too small in my opinion. Our friends had lamb which looked a better choice for volume.

The bread was lovely though.

I'd go again but the favourite food is still Milano's or Crystal.

tinajones - I think the food is overrated, but my partner thinks it's good. The portion sizes leave a little to be desired. I guess they are riding on the fact that they have a top chef from London so with that in mind think that anything will suffice.

Unisol - I can't believe you said that! I thought the exact same -the food IS VERY salty which spoilt it for me.

The Entertainment wasn't that good either, very much 'samey' on the occasions we have been. In our opinion I think The Walnut Club should vary their musical acts, I know people want to chill out of an eve, so do we but maybe something a little more upbeat, more of an entertainer/ment quality than musicians that just blend into the background.

Never tried Milanos, where's that?

Jane.

Never tried Milanos, where's that?

Jane. [/b]

On Archer Rd, Millhouses

Best food you'll find in Sheffield hands down.

Originally posted by Chord

The Entertainment wasn't that good either, very much 'samey' on the occasions we have been. In our opinion I think The Walnut Club should vary their musical acts, I know people want to chill out of an eve, so do we but maybe something a little more upbeat, more of an entertainer/ment quality than musicians that just blend into the background.

Jane.

Blimey talk about being picky:o

If you want some musical entertainment go to a club or music venue.

Personally I go to a restraunt to eat good food.

Is they're something you're not telling us about the band seeing as you've now mentioned them twice:suspect:

I think that that Walnut Club is getting a string of things wrong at the moment, that just should not be happening at a venue that charges those prices.

The service, apart from the Manager, is not up to scratch, the food is a little inconsistant and the decor ain't great - those hard seats are horrid.

Personally I perfer the terrace in Hathersage, almost the opposite to the Walnut Club. No 'we have a London chef' prententiousness, consistently great food, great staff and a relaxed atmosphere.

Unisol - we're going to give Milanos a try - and we'll blame you if we don;t like it :-) only joking - they'd better do a veggie option though!

Rocketman - the seats were very hard even though I've got a lotta padding on me bum!

Modesty - We also go to eat good food and when there's entertainment at a venue it should be a bonus to the diners as a point of hoping they will return, it worked, we returned only to find the same old music another twice infact. Go along yourself, you may like it, this is just my opinion that's all.

Jane.

Originally posted by Chord

Unisol - we're going to give Milanos a try - and we'll blame you if we don;t like it :-) only joking - they'd better do a veggie option though!

I'm pretty confident that won't happen :thumbsup:

There's no live music (or any music?) but the food is much better than Walnut Club for the same sort of money.

I'd like to try the Walnut Club again to see if our experiences were a one off occurance. Would be nice to dine outside too (next summer of course!)

But i still say for quality of food, layout of a restaurant and general ambience Crystal comes out tops.

I also like k-pasa on West Street for a lively night out with friends. Not been for aaaaaaaaaaaages - must make a date.

I went to the Walnut Club on Sunday (afternoon) and it was very good. The food was excellent, nice relaxed atmosphere (not in the slightest bit pretentious), and good service. The only thing i wasn't impressed with was the rather loud shouts of 'SERVICE! that came from the kitchen on one occassion (not very professional IMO).

We'll definitley go again, maybe an evening next time.

I agree with Modesty... Unisol, Chord n Rocketman seem very suspicious, my bet is that they own the restaurants in question!!! :suspect: cheap tricks! I have eaten there a few times as well as the other fore-mentioned and it is streets ahead.... but 'they are good places and would reccomend anyone to eat there also' Fakes get a life and keep off this site, people like you ruin it!

I know for a fact they change the music weekly, like Modesty suggests go to a hallam area.

Good people of Forum read all the food critics reports on 'The Walnut Club' website, 'The Independent national newspaper' reviewed it as well as many other very distinguished people that I hold in high regard, please judge from them not from fakes!

Originally posted by sheffweds

I agree with Modesty... Unisol, Chord n Rocketman seem very suspicious, my bet is that they own the restaurants in question!!! :suspect: cheap tricks! I have eaten there a few times as well as the other fore-mentioned and it is streets ahead.... but 'they are good places and would reccomend anyone to eat there also' Fakes get a life and keep off this site, people like you ruin it!

I know for a fact they change the music weekly, like Modesty suggests go to a hallam area.

Good people of Forum read all the food critics reports on 'The Walnut Club' website, 'The Independent national newspaper' reviewed it as well as many other very distinguished people that I hold in high regard, please judge from them not from fakes!

Have you been on the crack pipe or something :loopy:

I said i liked the Walnut Club (on another thread). I just found the food extremely salty that's all and that the portions were too much on the small side (not that i like heaps and heaps on my plate)

What's the matter with people?