First Bus Journey

Ok. During the recent weather I have been walking to work rather than waiting for the unreliable buses. ( I normally cycle) today (being Friday) I treat myself to a ride home on the bus, after waiting for a good 20 minutes one finally turns up, a First 25. Got on and was charged £1.95 from town to Woodseats (Pinstone street) Bus is dirty, managed to sit down in some seats at the front which are supposed to be for disabled people (would have stood up obviously) how a disabled person can get into those seats with a pole in the way I don't know! Noticed that bus is really dirty. Food all over the floor. No heating as feet are getting cold as ice, feet were warmer walking home! Did I say bus was dirty, you can't even see out of the window to see where you are so you have to keep bobbing up out of your seat as stupid headrests in front of the seats mean you can't see either! Every stop up to past London road is charged at £1.95!!!!!! what ever happened to staged prices? Bus is dirty.

How can First Bus justify £17.50 a week for such a shoddy shoddy shoddy service

It took me 55 minutes to walk home in the snow. 40 minutes by First Bus when it is clear. What a load of rubbish.

Dirty Bus

I'm guessing here that in your opinion the bus was dirty. Am I right?

You will probably find that the outside of the bus was dirty due to the weather, during this bad weather most companies dont put buses through the wash because:

a/. The wash wont work as its frozen

b/. When the vehicle as been washed water runs off and then creates a very slip surface in the depot / yard.

c/. The water freezes on the side of the bus and creates visability problems

d/. Some times due to stuff comming in very late and staff that usualy wash buses doing other things ie: diging buses out of snow , then they dont have the time to put stuff through the wash.

The insides are usualy swept out, however , some companies dont mop out in this weather due to the posibility of water freezing and causing a trip hazard.

Remember the food and rubish is left by the companies customers - pity they dont use a bin. Headrests (trying to work out what bus you were on) are usualy small and have actually been put there as customers like them .

but the weather is a bit better now?...

plus whenever I've been on buses they've never been clean - it is a shoddy service - some drivers are ok and I take my hat off to them - some pick up litter and do the best they can at stops, i've seen them but then you get the other ignorant bus drivers who drive badly, and drive dirty buses. not worth the money in my opinion - stagecoach or tm travel are alot better. i'm glad I drive now and it costs me around the same in petrol to get where I need to be than getting a weekly pass and I get door to door service.

The outside of the buses get very dirty at the moment due to the spray off of the roads hitting the sides of the buses not sure there is a lot they can do about that at the moment. As for the inside if people took there rubbish with them again no problem you only have fellow passengers to blame, what would you rather have a bus delayed cause the driver was cleaning it or one relatively on time when possible. Oh and buses still get stuck in a little thing called traffic as well they cant just magic a way through it.

Ok. During the recent weather I have been walking to work rather than waiting for the unreliable buses. ( I normally cycle) today (being Friday) I treat myself to a ride home on the bus, after waiting for a good 20 minutes one finally turns up, a First 25. Got on and was charged £1.95 from town to Woodseats (Pinstone street) Bus is dirty, managed to sit down in some seats at the front which are supposed to be for disabled people (would have stood up obviously) how a disabled person can get into those seats with a pole in the way I don't know! Noticed that bus is really dirty. Food all over the floor. No heating as feet are getting cold as ice, feet were warmer walking home! Did I say bus was dirty, you can't even see out of the window to see where you are so you have to keep bobbing up out of your seat as stupid headrests in front of the seats mean you can't see either! Every stop up to past London road is charged at £1.95!!!!!! what ever happened to staged prices? Bus is dirty.

How can First Bus justify £17.50 a week for such a shoddy shoddy shoddy service

It took me 55 minutes to walk home in the snow. 40 minutes by First Bus when it is clear. What a load of rubbish.

Dirty Bus

every stop up to past london rd is £1.95!!! i think you mean every stop after empire rd to woodseats is that price. town to boston st 85p, to highfield library £1.30 up to empire rd £1.60 after that £1.95 and after woodseats£2.40

every stop up to past london rd is £1.95!!! i think you mean every stop after empire rd to woodseats is that price. town to boston st 85p, to highfield library £1.30 up to empire rd £1.60 after that £1.95 and after woodseats£2.40

Yes exactly, what a flamming rip-off

First don't employ many cleaners.

The bus will be swept down and filled with diesel daily.

Perhaps once every 2 months it will be cleaned.

They are making a hell of a lot of profit and it is supposed to be public transport.

They could afford to reduce fares and clean buses more often.

It's not unique to buses though, some train windows are down right filthy, the one advantage of the train is, it is that busy and people are crammed on so tight that the conductor can not move down the carriage to collect/check fares.

The funny thing is on first buses it says max fare anywhere is £1.30, yet I once got charged £1.95 from town to stannington.

The funny thing is on first buses it says max fare anywhere is £1.30, yet I once got charged £1.95 from town to stannington.

thats only on the 73, they will of had to put it in the stannington route because they didn't have another bus