Gleadless valley school

Mr Purkiss was the PE teacher, he was my class tutor, I left in 1981 - Linda Burgin

I was in Mr Faris class.We were in a mobile then it got burnt down and went in the main building.1984-1989

Hi 'Marky Baby'

I'm searching the furthermost recesses of my memory to try and come up with at least one pupil name from your era (a couple of years behind me).

My best attempt at this is a girl called Mary(?) Billard. I think she lived at Herdings. Is my mind playing tricks or not?

hi her name wasnt Mary it was Margaret

my husband wentther 1970_1974 David savage he can remember teachers u r on about Mr Bradley took football MR gREEN RUGBY Mr Proctor whistled when he spoke my husband was known as Sava

I remember Sava, didn't he used to live down near Kevin Gervis and Darryl Wild? Not far from the John O'Gaunt pub?

Does anyone remember Jayne Elston, Robert Elston and Joanne Elston ???.

Does anyone remember Jayne Elston, Robert Elston and Joanne Elston ???.

Yes, lived at the top end if Gaunt Road area, if I remember correctly, not far from Hemsworth School.

i left valley in 1981 seems so long ago now, some friends i remember were alison brown, deborah wilson,deborah inkles and mandy sheperd to name a few, i remember doing home economics, child care, cookery and needlework which no school entertain these days, lads had to do woodwork, technical design and engineering (i think). when i first started we had meal tickets for thoes (me) that had "free meals", this thread is bringing back loads of memories lol.

sorry, technical drawing, not design, :hihi:

I was in Mr Pickup's class 25 years ago, as i recall back then he lived on Commonside at Walkley, probably still does... He was one of my fave teachers, in fact apart from Mrs Bradley the typing teacher he was probably the only one I actually liked :gag::rant:

I still have nightmares about that daft old bat Freeman to this day! :shocked::rant:

Does anyone remember Mr Orton the maths teacher who lived in his van lol, he was hygeinically challenged and always got "told off" by Pat Dower hehe, I have lots of fond memories from that school :D. I remember everyone saying, "whats on the board, Clifford?" to mr pickup lol

I was in Mr Pickup's class 25 years ago, as i recall back then he lived on Commonside at Walkley, probably still does... He was one of my fave teachers, in fact apart from Mrs Bradley the typing teacher he was probably the only one I actually liked :gag::rant::

He was my form tutor from 1984-1986, he went away on a course for a year (why do they do that?) so he stopped being our form teacher (we were moved to Mr Lyons then Mr Tracey).

You must have had him as soon as he came back from the course. He was a decent bloke for sure. He was probably younger than he seemed at the time (from a kid's eyes). Seem to remember he played Rugby League.