Parking wrong way at night

just like to add, london road, crossing near the peak of the hill... any thoughts?

If the road is narrow, and difficult to get past when the car is parked half up the pavement, how is it going to make it easier to pass by parking fully on the road?

parking on pavements is no longer a police matter is it?

parking on pavements is no longer a police matter is it?

Below is a statement i read elsewhere,whether it is true i know not,but i do believe it is obstruction

The pavement is actually part of the road construction and therefore belongs to the council..BUT you cant park on the pavement as all main services (gas,water,electricity,street lighting,BT,cable telly) are underneath the footpath and it must be kept clear at all times incase of leaks,bursts or breakages ,it carries a fine of up to £2500

just like to add, london road, crossing near the peak of the hill... any thoughts?

do you mean the numerous cars that park up on double yellows to use the takeaways ? nightmare

in Huddersfield the police regularly ticket cars in a 40 facing the wrong way / not displaying parking lights.

The problem is because some roads are so narrow if you didn't park on the pavement / grass verge other vehicles and emergency services wouldn't be able to get through.

fishing at dam flask one winter some years ago, because the road was narrow i parked partially on the path. when i returned to my car i had a note from the police warning me about parking as i did. it said i was causing an obstruction and would be charged if caught again.

I was once picking my mate up who lives near the Jag and I saw an elderly bloke trying to ride along the footpath on his mobility scooter. He just managed to clear the jag but was stuck then as there were more cars parked too close to the wall for him to get past. There wasnt a drop curb so he was struggling big time. He backed up, took a run up and rammed down the side of the other car! Good for him!

Just to chuck something else into the conversation. I am pretty sure it isn't taxed. It definately wasnt the last time I looked. Even if it is is taxed, it is an offence not to display your tax disc.

Maybe whoever owns it works for the Police? Or he's just really lucky. God knows how he hasnt had it towed away!

it IS illegal....but not illeagle, sounds like a sick bird to me

No, you're thinking of the Norwegian Blue Parrot.

Its not so much the parking the wrong way round that is the problem, its when the ***** leave their headlights on! They obviously dont realise that the configuration of the headlight beam causes them to dazzle oncoming traffic. A common occurence in Kiveton, paticularly with private cab drivers.

Incidently, talking about parking lights, does anybody use Goosecar lane at Todwick? A whole line of cars facing both directions, none with lights and on a National Speed Limit (60 MPH) road.

Retford Road is very bad for illegal parking. There are always a few cars/vans parked when I pass (6.0 pm..ish), it's dark, it's a 40 MPH road and they should have lights on but they dont. Who ever is responsible for illegal parking (Police or Council) dont sem to be bothered though.