Parking wrong way at night

Edited by Gwyneth

Gwyneth...it is illegal as simple as that, got nothing to do with speed limit

I don't think they don't bother these days, I remember going to Hillsborough to Eric Taylors testimonial with my mate when we got back to the car he had a ticket for facing the wrong way without lights.

Illegal and wrong,and they should be prosecuted,very hard to see in dark and fog,thats why there are red reflectors on the back lights..so you can see parked cars in dark with their lights off......

Edited by esme
forum rules re posting entirely in bold

That Jag has been there for ages, it was parked facing the other way a few months ago but then briefly moved and returned only to be parked how it is now. It's becoming a bit of a landmark, "go down that road where the green Jag is".

Culturally this doesn't happen in cities where there is street-lighting. It's more important in rural areas.

Culturally this doesn't happen in cities where there is street-lighting. It's more important in rural areas.

I always thought that if a street is lit well, and you park your car facing the other way it was ok to do so, not so sure now.

Gwyneth...it is illegal as simple as that, got nothing to do with speed limit

Well you learn something new everyday then as I always thought it depended on the speed limit - thanks :)

From The Highway Code:

You MUST NOT park partially or wholly on the pavement in London, and should not do so elsewhere unless signs permit it. Parking on the pavement can obstruct and seriously inconvenience pedestrians, people in wheelchairs or with visual impairments and people with prams or pushchairs.

[Law GL(GP)A sect 15]

Parking at night

You MUST NOT park on a road at night facing against the direction of the traffic flow unless in a recognised parking space.

[Laws CUR reg 101 & RVLR reg 24]

All vehicles MUST display parking lights when parked on a road or a lay-by on a road with a speed limit greater than 30 mph (48 km/h).

[Law RVLR reg 24]

From The Highway Code:

You MUST NOT park partially or wholly on the pavement in London, and should not do so elsewhere unless signs permit it. Parking on the pavement can obstruct and seriously inconvenience pedestrians, people in wheelchairs or with visual impairments and people with prams or pushchairs.

[Law GL(GP)A sect 15]

Parking at night

You MUST NOT park on a road at night facing against the direction of the traffic flow unless in a recognised parking space.

[Laws CUR reg 101 & RVLR reg 24]

All vehicles MUST display parking lights when parked on a road or a lay-by on a road with a speed limit greater than 30 mph (48 km/h).

[Law RVLR reg 24]

Exactly right...................in basic terms, park with the flow of traffic...........anything 40 or above, you must display position lamps ON ALL FOUR CORNERS...........

That applies to you all on Retford Road Too !! :hihi:

None of these rules apply if you park in the Page Hall Rd /owler lane area near the shops,You can also block a lane to visit the local take away.

I'm pretty sure it depends on the speed limit of the road, 30 it's okay but 40 and above they need to park the way of the traffic.

The law states you can park a car in a 30 mph road without lights, but is illegal to park the wrong way round. The law is that any vehicle parked on a road with a speed limit above 30 mph must display lights.