Blood, a nice gift!

I've emailed the Pope to see if he can do a rush sainthood.

I'm sure she'd be happy with just another pair of shoes but yeah, let's go nuts! :hihi:

x

I've been :) all you worriers don't need to, it really isn't painful... and the satisfaction of telling everyone you did it makes you feel great :hihi:

Thanks for this thread - it reminded me to get my backside in gear. I'm booked in for next Monday!

x

I gave blood last monday at concord sports centre (mobile unit) was told they cant give you a cuppa afterwards due health & safety reasons..

I gave blood last monday at concord sports centre (mobile unit) was told they cant give you a cuppa afterwards due health & safety reasons..

Ha ha ha, I don't believe that at all.

You should've visited the one in town, where the nurses order you to have a cuppa or they'll beat you up :hihi:

x

Have always had a cuppa after donating at longley lane centre but its not allowed in a mobile centre.

I've emailed the Pope to see if he can do a rush sainthood.

I'm sure she'd be happy with just another pair of shoes but yeah, let's go nuts! :hihi:

x

There is no way I would get a sainthood, i'm not pure enuff ;):hihi:

but a pair of shoes - yes please - been t Meadowhall today and bought some. Wasnt even going for shoes either :hihi:

I refuse to give blood out of principle while the service remains homophobic (gay people are still banned from donating :rant:)

I refuse to give blood out of principle while the service remains homophobic (gay people are still banned from donating :rant:)

yes they are arnt they - not sure why though

I have given blood in the past but the rules changed a few years ago and anyone that had been a recipient of a blood transfusion after (i think) Jan 1985 was told they couldn't donate. This was really frustrating as it is those who have benefited from blood transfusions that are often most eager to contribute themselves. I would have died a few days after being born if I had not had a transfusion. Does anyone know if that rule still applies or if it has been changed again?

In the meantime the only thing I can do is to encourage my friends and family to donate - for most people it really isn't painful, just make sure you have eaten plenty and drunk lots of water on the day to avoid any dizziness. If its your first time, definitely take someone with you, they can read you magazines or chat with you while you do it which will make you more relaxed.

I hope lots of people see this thread and realise the problem, giving blood is such a wonderful thing to do and SO gratefully received.

Personally I like giving blood and watching it fill up the bag. Wierd I know.