Blood, a nice gift!

I remember looking it up last month and looking through the procedure online. I started feeling sick, dizzy and nearly passed out! lol.

I don't think it helps that when I was in hospital it took a nurse at least 15 times to get the cannula in my arm and I passed out 4 times. Then another nurse came along and did it first time!

I do keep telling the OH we must go when he's off work but I'm scared now!

I remember looking it up last month and looking through the procedure online. I started feeling sick, dizzy and nearly passed out! lol.

That's nowt, try reading upon bone marrow donation.

I guarantee you WILL pass out!

:hihi:

I used to give plasma too, until the NHS decided that the risk of UK donors carrying BSE outranked the benefits.

That's nowt, try reading upon bone marrow donation.

I guarantee you WILL pass out!

:hihi:

Haha well I refuse to even look! Someone will definitely have to pick me up off the floor.

I used to go and give blood despite hating kneedles but they could never get the full bag of blood out of me which meant they couldn't use it. They only have so long to get the blood into the bag before it starts clotting apparently. They told me that I would never bleed to death so I can't go anymore as I'm no use to them.

Maybe in your own interests you need to see a doctor for medication to thin your blood a bit.

Maybe in your own interests you need to see a doctor for medication to thin your blood a bit.

No the problem is to do with the fact I am little. I am only petite and apparently that is why as I have very little veins. Nothing to do with the thickness of my blood!

Edited by virgoen18
error

I'm on my third pint. More people should do it, if you can.

Is it true that if you donate three times in one year you get a free tea coaster?

You get a free black pudding made from the "left overs"

I'm on my third pint. More people should do it, if you can.

You're supposed to donate it, not drink it...

They have Orange Clubs for the tough, manly blokes like me and Mint Clubs for the girls (and the effeminate men).

They also have lots of mini-packs of Crawfords biscuits like these, for those of indeterminate gender:

http://www.cafebar.co.uk/coffee_supplies/biscuits/biscuit_mini_selections.aspx

Count me in :hihi:

I just want to say that you are ALL AMAZING. :).. I had complications giving birth a few years ago and lost 7pints of blood, I had a 6pint transfussion, without this I would not be here writing this and cuddling my georgous little boy, I used to take blood donation for granted, always too busy and thinking someone else would do it.. When I was well enough I desperately wanted to give back, but because I have received blood I am not allowed to give it.. Please, if you are thinking about donating just do it, the rest of you that already donate, thank you for saving my life... You are the unsung hero's, I just wish I could have hugged those 6 people and thanked them personally.. Keep up the good work and please know it is gratefully appreciated xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx