Am i just unemployable??

Have you tried sending out speculative applications rather than just applying for vacancies that are advertised. That is how I have got my last 2 jobs.

Unfortunately there is alot of discrimination within employment and many employers don't like employing women with young babies.

It also doesn't help if potential employers know you run your own business, as they might think you might not fully commit yourself to their business and it seems that you do run your own business with the link to your own website.

If you can't get another job why not concentrate on your own business?

Hi

There are vacancies for full and part time assistants in meadowhall. it's the card/ accessories shop opp WH Smiths (sorry I don't know the name)

Give it a try if you have retail experience.

Hi

There are vacancies for full and part time assistants in meadowhall. it's the card/ accessories shop opp WH Smiths (sorry I don't know the name)

Give it a try if you have retail experience.

is it paperchase?

x

Ive applied to every job that comes up every week in meadowhall its like a routine now with meadowhall, And its my parents business not mine that is on my link, I understand with me having young children, but that doesnt me make less of a hardworker, and surely that would show that someone is going to put in the hardwork as i would be working for my children basically

I told you via a pm how to get a job last week, there ARE vacancies why havent you applied?

Ive applied to every job that comes up every week in meadowhall its like a routine now with meadowhall, And its my parents business not mine that is on my link, I understand with me having young children, but that doesnt me make less of a hardworker, and surely that would show that someone is going to put in the hardwork as i would be working for my children basically

i think its so wrong that people who have been claiming benefits are entitled to jobseekers but people that have worked there socks of and actually want a job cannot get the help.

I told you via a pm how to get a job last week, there ARE vacancies why havent you applied?

you told me about what? I got 1 pm about a job, and asked to forward a cv but there was no email to send the cv too

sorry yes you did tell me about a job, as a security worker, As i said I do not hold a badge and you stated that the jobcentre may be able to help with that but guess what im not entitled to any help into work things.

Which Jobcentre told you that? You should go higher & complain.

There are courses available for the unemployed, it's just that the majority of Jobcentre staff wont do their job properly.

When I was unemployed I was told the same when I asked about help to get back into work, there's no help for someone like me were their words (Jobcentre staff are also great at boosting self esteem). So I researched it on the internet, found out they were wrong. Took printouts from government ministers & direct.gov.uk. You should've seen them jump. I was quickly passed on to the only person who seemed to care about doing their job properly.

After I'd asked about courses, my Jobcentre said there was nothing at all & basically told me to clear off then sign on again next week. A couple of weeks later I had an 'induction' session at a different Jobcentre in town, they had a list of free courses & they were signing people up for them there, the staff in that Jobcentre couldn't be more helpful, total opposite of my local Jobcentre. They will pay for most courses that only take a few days & will help you get a job.

There's a thread here posted by one of the training providers, you should contact him, they do free SIA courses for the unemployed - http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=595909

Please report the member of staff that told you you weren't entitled to anything. Those layabouts in the Jobcentre (most of the staff) don't deserve a job.

Edited by anywebsite

thats the problem, im not entitled to job seekers allowance therefore can not use the full services offered by the job seekers part

thats the problem, im not entitled to job seekers allowance therefore can not use the full services offered by the job seekers part

Ah, I forgot that part, sorry.

If your parter earns enough (or if you have enough savings) to be ineligible for JSA, then you should be able to fund your own SIA course if you want a job in security. Looks like it's a few days & about £200 from a little Googling.

You should double check if you're eligible for JSA or not, don't rely on anything the Jobcentre staff tell you, most of them are useless.

Income based JSA doesn't depend on NI contributions, but your partners wage or your savings could make you ineligible.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/BenefitsTaxCreditsAndOtherSupport/Employedorlookingforwork/DG_10018757