Meadowhall Midnight Madness

but if loads of people go when its quiet, it wont be quiet

true, but quiet for some people if different to others, if its open till midnight it shouldnt be rammed with screaming kids and people with pushchairs who think its perfectly fine to push into you or run over your feet, im sorry if i upset anyone but if it means i can go shopping with out hearing a screaming kid then im all for it, loads of adults wandering about up untill midnight wont be anywhere as nosy or busy as it is in normal hours.

Most "normal" people are in bed at midnight, not trolling round shops.

This will not create any extra jobs the shops wiont have enough time to recruit & train people. Just lots of preasure going to put on the staff all ready there.

Probably people who want to go shopping without been pushed about, constant screaming kids, hooligans hanging about. It sounds perefect to me and if theres a demand for it why not open late,

exactly, it's all about supply and demand.

It's all well and good people sitting on here calling shop staff work shy for not wanting to work so late but what you have to consider is that most of the shops keep staff an hour after closing so that takes them upto 1am and then there's the non existent public transport.

Years ago when I worked there the big stores were trying to get the opening hours extended to 11 and failed because for smaller stores it simply isn't practical.

I can't see this becoming the norm

true, but quiet for some people if different to others, if its open till midnight it shouldnt be rammed with screaming kids and people with pushchairs who think its perfectly fine to push into you or run over your feet, im sorry if i upset anyone but if it means i can go shopping with out hearing a screaming kid then im all for it, loads of adults wandering about up untill midnight wont be anywhere as nosy or busy as it is in normal hours.

Your right it shouldn't be rammed with screaming kids and people with pushchairs but you would surprised how many people are in Meadowhall at 10pm with children and babies in prams and they are screaming even louder because they are tired lol

This will not create any extra jobs the shops wiont have enough time to recruit & train people. Just lots of preasure going to put on the staff all ready there.

Exactly, I don't think it attracts more shoppers either - just spreads out the existing numbers over a longer time.

I think it is disgusting that Meadowhall has decided to open until midnight.

I feel sorry for the staff. I hope they have not been forced by the employer in working to midnight.

The worse thing is that even if the shop shuts at midnight, the staff still have to cash up, tidy up and refill shelves. So the staff wont be finishing at midnight.

The only way to tell Meadowhall and the shops that this is not acceptable is not to shop there after ten. There is a big risk that if it is a success this will become the norm.

Big thumps down to Meadowhall on this one from me :shakes:

Had to laugh at someone called Darren Pearce - supposed top manager on the radio the other day. Talking about shoppers wanting more time to buy and being willing to shop at those hours. What a laugh - so its nothing to do with him creaming every last penny out of people, and not caring about other shopping areas and smaller businesses he's hammering. Well done fella - hope you can sleep at night!

I think it is disgusting that Meadowhall has decided to open until midnight.

I feel sorry for the staff. I hope they have not been forced by the employer in working to midnight.

The worse thing is that even if the shop shuts at midnight, the staff still have to cash up, tidy up and refill shelves. So the staff wont be finishing at midnight.

The only way to tell Meadowhall and the shops that this is not acceptable is not to shop there after ten. There is a big risk that if it is a success this will become the norm.

Big thumps down to Meadowhall on this one from me :shakes:

Or not at all!

From a shoppers point of view, it's a good thing, as I need a few bits and bob but I really don't want to queuing and I'd imagine it's be quieter at midnight!!

Although from the staff side, there are no buses from 11pm onwards - so how would they get home???

Trafford Centre have been staying open until 11pm for years in the run up to Xmas.