Meadowhall Midnight Madness

is meadowhall open till 12 oclock this weekend? all weekend?

is meadowhall open till 12 oclock this weekend? all weekend?

Usual opening hour @ weekends. 12pm is selected shops on weekdays.

Went last night at 10:30pm, almost all the shops were shut, looks like it's just the bigger ones opening.

According to Meadowhall's website, the following shops are open until midnight:

Accessorise

Aldo

All Saints

Apple Store

Argos

Bank

Barratts

BHS

Burton

Clinton Cards

Debenhams

Dorothy Perkins

Goldsmiths

Henri Lloyd

HMV

House of Fraser

JD Sports

Lacoste

Lipsy

Lush

Marks and Spencer

Monsoon

Next

Office

Pandora

Paperchase

Primark

Red 5

Republic

Schuh

Scotts

Thoughts Cards

Timberland

Topman

Topshop

USC

Wallis

Warehouse

WHSmiths

I went yesterday at half 4 and it wasn't even that busy then - couldn't see why they would stay open even longer!

I went yesterday at half 4 and it wasn't even that busy then - couldn't see why they would stay open even longer!

For people who work weekdays. Usual hours for workers in offices and whatnot are 9-5/6 so they can get home, eat something and go to Meadowhall without rushing. Which in effect lets people from further away in the same situation to get there, as 2 hours in realistic terms in travelling is a long time.

Also for other people who actually work in retail (like myself) and work up till 8/9pm, these people will benefit from the midnight opening to get some christmas shopping done.

Also for other people who actually work in retail (like myself) and work up till 8/9pm, these people will benefit from the midnight opening to get some christmas shopping done.

Surely you had days off when you could shop during normal opening hours. What about the people who are working in places open until midnight?

I'm not disagreeing with you, just playing devils advocate.

I don't understand how a simple thing like shops remaining open till midnight can run to six pages on here. Staff get paid, the customer either goes or stays at home, what else is there to say.

Regards

Angel :help:

Edited by ANGELFIRE1

rubbish, this type of scare-mongering is just crazy.

I'm not scare mongering in the slightest.

At no point will staying open an extra 2 hours for a week lead to companies taking on more staff.

Most employers sign up seasonal staff on a short term contract, where the overtime arrangements are clearly set out in the express terms of the contract.

Wrong

The majority of seasonal staff are issued with zero hour contracts meaning their hours can change to the needs of the business.

to your belief, employers would rather sign up new staff on short term/part time arrangements to cover extra hours because overtime is an expensive business. If you are an employee and concerned about being 'forced' to do overtime, then check your contract and seek advice from the CAB.

See above my point was employers would NOT take on staff to cover the extra they would use the seasonal staff they already have.

You completely got the wrong end of the stick with regards to my post and the points you made are incorrect.

Surely you had days off when you could shop during normal opening hours. What about the people who are working in places open until midnight?

I'm not disagreeing with you, just playing devils advocate.

Well yeah, but today is my last day off before Christmas Day. So if I miss anything or anything falls thru, Meadowhall it is :help:

Has anyone braved the late shopping at Meadowhall?

How much of it is open til midnight and -most importantly, how busy is it?:o