Meadowhall Midnight Madness

All of them as far as i know. To recover profit loss, as meadowhall take a percentage of profits for rent

Bit if it says 'selected' then i could be wrong! Maybe just the big stores x

it is midnight mon-fri from today until christmas.

Meadowhall have requested all stores open

If you go to the 'shop' tab it says which ones next to the store if that makes sense. x

The Disney Store is open till midnight! I'm swinging by to pick up some last minute supplies for a mate's costume party.

Poundland will be opening till 11pm to see how busy or not it will be.Then decide if it will be opening till midnight.

Not very fair on the night shift in my opiniion

What a waste of time. Everywhere shut. Glad I didn't make a special trip!!! (got off coach at I interchange 22.45 and decided to pop in and have a look)

On a Saturday its expected to be busy. If you cant handle the pressure of fellow families/shoppers dont go on a Saturday. Stay at home with the curtains closed.

As you had an awful time, im sure you must have had a grumpy look about you on that day, or been very impatient, so hopefully your vibe didnt effect anyone else.

Yes you would recognise me. Bags dragging on the floor, face as long as Norfolk Street, shuffling along!

I was in m hall about 11pm today, most shops closed and was dead no1 really shopping to be honest

it will NOT create any new jobs the existing seasonal staff will be forced to work the hours.

rubbish, this type of scare-mongering is just crazy. Most employers sign up seasonal staff on a short term contract, where the overtime arrangements are clearly set out in the express terms of the contract. Contrary to your belief, employers would rather sign up new staff on short term/part time arrangements to cover extra hours because overtime is an expensive business. If you are an employee and concerned about being 'forced' to do overtime, then check your contract and seek advice from the CAB.

Time lags have been greatly reduced for retailers who want to get staff in quickly, and so overtime is becoming less and less common

rubbish, this type of scare-mongering is just crazy. Most employers sign up seasonal staff on a short term contract, where the overtime arrangements are clearly set out in the express terms of the contract. Contrary to your belief, employers would rather sign up new staff on short term/part time arrangements to cover extra hours because overtime is an expensive business. If you are an employee and concerned about being 'forced' to do overtime, then check your contract and seek advice from the CAB.

Time lags have been greatly reduced for retailers who want to get staff in quickly, and so overtime is becoming less and less common

Christmas time creates temp jobs in shops but the late opening times wont. Most people will just get on with it and to be honest why not? its only two hours longer than they would usualy work and their not likely to be rushed off their feet.

I cant really imagine anyone been so arsey about working 2 hours later that usual enough to go into their contract and put foward their rights. More than likely it will say you will be expected to work unsociable hours during the christmas period anyway.

When i worked in meadowhall if the store opened after opening times I.e for replenishment etc then they paid for taxis for us