Most expensive chippy

if you think they are rubbish try lowedges chippy awfull,greenhill just a bit better,most people our area travel to woodseats,either woodseats fisheries cooked in dripping or  psidon for modern chips&fish  ,pity theres not a good chippy in greenhill,but theres supposed to be a top class chippy opening in bradway soon by a top class chef,will give that a try when it opens,used to have greenhill village chippy that was top class,sadly closed now,also robs at greenhill until he retired,also i am going to try that huge one at rotherham/also a cafe.

@carosio

Very near the car park and a supernarket  on the corner. A minutes walk to the bench(s)  near the river/bridge with lots of pad locks fastened to it.

I didn't buy anything myself. My brother got chips. Regarding your experience, it never fails to amaze me that someone doing the same thing day in day out can get their 'craft' so wrong. 

5 hours ago, bungleboy69 said:

Woodseats fisheries cook in dripping? Never knew that...

yes that really adds to the taste,most use horrid oils in my opinion ,but i am old fashioned and like taste,i buy huge cod and chips brilliant ,also cooked while you wait,also brendas are good back of the moor,the sheffield market,plus the one on attercliffe road,no crappy batter either at these shops,but as i say not everyone taste

£6,50 for fish and chips seems to be the norm. £4.50 for the cod and £2 for the chips.

On 08/01/2022 at 11:46, bassett one said:

if you think they are rubbish try lowedges chippy awfull,greenhill just a bit better,most people our area travel to woodseats,either woodseats fisheries cooked in dripping or  psidon for modern chips&fish  ,pity theres not a good chippy in greenhill,but theres supposed to be a top class chippy opening in bradway soon by a top class chef,will give that a try when it opens,used to have greenhill village chippy that was top class,sadly closed now,also robs at greenhill until he retired,also i am going to try that huge one at rotherham/also a cafe.

I remember Fergies on Woodseats, excellent fish and chips. Lowedges has always been up and down since lived at the back of it as a kid. Dixons used to be good, along with Cranns at Four Lane Ends. Wasn't impressed with Robs in village, very greasy in my opinion. We have nine chip shops where I live. All of them are OK, but nothing like Yorkshire Fish and Chips.

A few years ago we were in Brighton for the weekend & after several light ales in the afternoon we called in a chippy on the sea front

'Have you got any Yorkshire chips?' one of our party enquired

'What are they?' asked the staff behind the counter

'About 2 quid cheaper than yours' quipped the scamp

How we all laughed

2 minutes ago, MJ01 said:

A few years ago we were in Brighton for the weekend & after several light ales in the afternoon we called in a chippy on the sea front

'Have you got any Yorkshire chips?' one of our party enquired

'What are they?' asked the staff behind the counter

'About 2 quid cheaper than yours' quipped the scamp

How we all laughed

Was his name George Whitebread? 😁

1 hour ago, sedith said:

I remember Fergies on Woodseats, excellent fish and chips. Lowedges has always been up and down since lived at the back of it as a kid. Dixons used to be good, along with Cranns at Four Lane Ends. Wasn't impressed with Robs in village, very greasy in my opinion. We have nine chip shops where I live. All of them are OK, but nothing like Yorkshire Fish and Chips.

yeah dixons were always top class,her brother was jack walker who ran a chippy opp the broadfield inn,he always said mrs dixon prided herself as being the most expensive,dont know whether that was fact or not,jacks chips where good,re - rob if you dont like dripping cooked food youwouldnt like his,the queues were bad for his chippy,often 30-40 mins on fri evenings,he went to try another trade,but heard hes at the big chippy/resturant at rotherham,near all them big shops,just off the motorway,his other relations run the 2 in the city centre and attercliffe road,but i will stick to my beloved woodseats fisheries,but will try the new one opening on twentywe,ll lane thats opening soon by a top chef,i hope you find a chippy soon

Is there any news on phoenix chippy on Woodseats? It's seems ages since it closed down after the fire.

The 'Trawlers Catch' next to Hen & Chickens has closed down too

They used to do a decent trade....i guess Covid might have driven them under