Problems with the 88/83 08.12.10

i waited for the 87 around 4.30 for half hour from longley college to herries rd...and 5 went past together towards lane top ????

yea they were very messed up, the office were trying to sort it but traffic was just a nightmare. there was 3 of us together at one point near eclesfield, just hope it isn't the same tomorrow:(

Waited 40 mins for my 88 this morning. Are they still trying to run a one every ten min service?

Last night I waited 40 minutes on Townend Street for an 88 / 83 and nothing, except one that flew past before I could make the driver see me, due to a First Bus being at the stop. The strange thing was though that First buses 11/12 and 82 were runiing all the while ..its as if stagecoach had been vapourised...some times I wish they had. In the end it took me an hour and 50 minutes to get to Ringinglow Road. I was so annoyed.

I waited an hour and a half last night for a 45 in Firth Park. Was shivering and teeth chattering so much by the time I got on the bus that the driver couldn't understand where I was trying to go and was very grumpy with me. Like it was my fault. :loopy:

I'm on the 47/48/88 route and I waited 30 mins for an 88 (stated on the stop is was "due), no sign so I went to Pond Street to wait for a 47/48 - waited almost 40 mins there - no sign of either of those also. Went back up to Arundel Gate and got on an 88 straight away.

The problem at the moment is with the weather and the side roads being still covered, most of the cars are using the main bus routes. It's usually an excellent service if you ask me.

Its more of a problem when you have bought a weekly or monthly bus ticket, which is what I have done this week. I am willing pay sometimes, and usually hang around for a few minutes for the bus operator who I have bought my ticket with. However, last night First kept coming, leading me to think a stagecoach would be along soon ... and they didn't come for over forty minutes. Why was one operator getting through and not the other?

Edited by Glennis

right farse coming back from town to fpark on the 88 again tonight...waited over an hour ...one bus came and terminated at haymarket meaning all the passengers had to get off adding to the 50 odd people already waiting then 4 came together..talking to a bus driver he said it was going to be like this at this time until after xmas.....

right farse coming back from town to fpark on the 88 again tonight...waited over an hour ...one bus came and terminated at haymarket meaning all the passengers had to get off adding to the 50 odd people already waiting then 4 came together..talking to a bus driver he said it was going to be like this at this time until after xmas.....

he could be right, i'm not sure if theres many services running to time at the moment. 88's and 83's are usually very reliable but at the moment it's difficult to keep them all to time.

try catching a 53 mate........they just dont show up............

I waited an hour and a half last night for a 45 in Firth Park. Was shivering and teeth chattering so much by the time I got on the bus that the driver couldn't understand where I was trying to go and was very grumpy with me. Like it was my fault. :loopy:

suprised you got a 45 in firth park the driver must have gone the wrong way lol, think you meant a 46

No, I got a 45 on Barnsley Road from the stop at the end of Stubbin Lane which is where they're supposed to stop twice an hour. Which although it isn't on the roundabout, is still firmly in Firth Park. :)

I was waiting 30 mins for the 88/83 on friday evening on Ecclesall road. The First buses 81/82 seemed to be coming on time but for some reason the Stagecoach buses were late. Ecclesall Road has been like a car park in the evening this last week. It took me 30 mins to get to Arundal gate from near the Aviva building on the 88 bus yesterday. It doesn't help that First stopped running the 80 that ran between both Universities and now the students are cramming on to the other buses that run on Ecclesall Road.

Edited by marshlad