Idiotic driving in the snow. Tell us your experiences.

To get things started.

Yesterday I drove to Chesterfield along the Dronfield By-pass. The road had been blocked by heavy snow and several vehicles remain abondoned in deep snow.

A plough has been down the road as well as gritters and a single lane has been cleared. The outside lane still has a couple of inches of snow and ice.

Yesterday I was in a nose to tail convoy travelling at around 30 mph following the clear track. However several "van men" decided to overtake in the snow lane. To make matters worse the cleared track didn't stick to one lane, but weaved around where cars had been abandoned. As a consequence the convoy often transfered to the outside lane to remain on the clear track, and to avoid running into abandoned cars. Not easy when you have white van man alongside competing for a narrowing piece of road. NUTTERS.

Edited by oldprune

Driving down Kenninghall road, cars parked up on either side, was half way down the hill, nobhead driver speeding up the hill, kept on coming until he was a foot up to my bumber, forced me back to reverse all the way up the hill even though there was a gap just behind him, wouldn't have minded too much if he'd have said thanks, didn't get anything.

<REMOVED>.

Edited by esme
masked swearing

I've seen quite a few people who's indicators seem to have failed due to snow, and apparently lane discipline isn't required anymore.

On Sunday it was a driver who went North on the M1 at Junc 31, coming from Todwick, and using the left hand lane of the roundabout whilst I was next to him using the right hand lane. Interesting technique to say the least.

Yesterday I was in a nose to tail convoy travelling at around 30 mph

Not sure why this made me laugh :hihi:

Immature mode - firmly on

Driving down Kenninghall road, cars parked up on either side, was half way down the hill, nobhead driver speeding up the hill, kept on coming until he was a foot up to my bumber, forced me back to reverse all the way up the hill even though there was a gap just behind him, wouldn't have minded too much if he'd have said thanks, didn't get anything.

<REMOVED>.

Don't move, they will.

Edited by esme
masked swearing

I'm quite happy for them to kill themselves,just more idiots off the road.

Having a real wheel drive I found it easy to do do nuts and all sorts.

Just a touch on the hand break and I was easy into a 360.

I also found this was a laugh for parking up the opposite way from where you had just been driving, hand break and slam the sides of the wheels into the curb, Great fun !

Last wednesday I was tootling along the M18 when a lorry in front swerved into the middle lane (which was still snowbound at the time) - he just managed to avoid a cyclist who had been cycling on the edge of the hard shoulder but had swerved into lane 1 to follow the tyre tracks! - as it was cold he had a scarf and a hood on so he probably hadn't heard the traffic behind him!

Last wednesday I was tootling along the M18 when a lorry in front swerved into the middle lane (which was still snowbound at the time) - he just managed to avoid a cyclist who had been cycling on the edge of the hard shoulder but had swerved into lane 1 to follow the tyre tracks! - as it was cold he had a scarf and a hood on so he probably hadn't heard the traffic behind him!

I was going to post, but I can't top this for idiocy.

Cyclist on the M18?

Cyclist on the M18?

Not sure where he got on, but he left at the slip road going up to the Hellaby Industrial Estate, which is where I almost clipped him as he wobbled up the hill