Car damaged by hit and run 1st/2nd December 2010 - Witnesses required

I know this is a long shot but if anyone lives/has relatives/friends on Skelton Grove/Skelton Way who's flat looks onto the residential car park and you/they saw someone hit our car either on Wed 1st Dec or Thurs 2nd could you pm me please.

Damaged car is a silver MG ZR. It has been reported to the police but as the inconsiderate (insert expletetive here) didnt leave any details we havent got a leg to stand on. Looking at the damage we guess its something like a van or 4x4 thats hit it as its quite high up and its been hit with some force.

Thanks.

Hope you find some information on this.

My car was bumped a while ago, I'm assuming it was a 4x4 as it was high up and dent looks though it was caused by a tow bar or similar.

Just wish some people would think a little but more about others rather then themselves.

I opened the thread expecting to find that someone had been hit by a car, not something.

So we should still change the thread title just because you expected the subject to be something other than the given title. I'd like to think the mods have better things to be attending to.

On a side note, doesn't publicising events regarding a police investigation in public media render the subsequent investigation null and void?

For example, should someone submit evidence and this thread be then identified, could it not be argued that the evidence submitted is rendered unsubstantial?

Edited by munky
Noticed the title has changed, so it would appear mods really don't have owt better to do.

There is no investigation. Im asking if anyone saw anything which may lead to an investigation if someone managed to get the registration plate of the offending vehicle.

Alternatively can always hope that the person has a guilty conscience and reports the accident to their local police station but I cant really see that happening can you?

On a side note, doesn't publicising events regarding a police investigation in public media render the subsequent investigation null and void?

Crimewatch?

For example, should someone submit evidence and this thread be then identified, could it not be argued that the evidence submitted is rendered unsubstantial?

No it doesn't.

Saying "xyz dun it" may predjuice a case. Asking for information about a crime does, rightly, not.

i live on skelton it may have been the massive tractor the other day or possibly there was a white van skidding up and down and sideways stuck at the top of skelton drive....may have been them had they got any further than the top of that road