No signal from tower to monitor

just got a second tower for my son to have in his room for schoolwork, i have connected all up using a monitor keyboard etc i already had and there is no signal being sent from the tower to the monitor, i have tried 2 seperate monitors and 2 different leads but nothing is happening, anyone know what the problem might be? thanks

If you have tried a monitor that was working ok on another machine then you can probably rule out the monitor, so it's a problem with the box.

Does the box power up? Lights come on? Any beeping at all? Fans spin?

Answer those questions and I'll (and everyone else in this section) will be better placed to help you out.

Is there 2 monitor outlets?

What makes you think the computer is booting properly?Can you hear it go into windows?

the lights come on and it does sound like its booting up but i dont think the fans are coming on. its making a whirring sound but no beeping noises. the only other slots at the back are labelled IOIOI A and IOIOI B and have 9 pins dont know what these are for though..........

The monitor socket will usually be blue (IIRC), unless you ave a DVI capable graphics card and monitor.

Take the side of the case off and make sure everything is firmly pushed into respective slots and try again.

...the only other slots at the back are labelled IOIOI A and IOIOI B and have 9 pins dont know what these are for though..........

Old school plugs you don'y need to worry about ;)

Can you identify if the VGA chipset is onboard or a PCI/AGP ?

If separate plugin VGA card, I'd suggest trying to swap that out.

Another option as it seems you have bought it via Amazon and it is DOA, you could contact the seller about retuning it.

In fact the ad lists "Nvidia Vanta AGP graphics card" so it may be an expansion card rather than integrated. If you have another available to you to test with, swapping them would be my next step to see if it is VGA card or to rule it out.

Can you identify if the VGA chipset is onboard or a PCI/AGP ?

If separate plugin VGA card, I'd suggest trying to swap that out.

Another option as it seems you have bought it via Amazon and it is DOA, you could contact the seller about retuning it.

i think thats a bit out of my depth lol, i have e mailed the company, will just have tio see what they say, thanks for trying to hepl anyway mate :thumbsup:

Early AGP cards were notorious for poping out of their slots

just spoke to the company and there going to send me another one, and told me to keep the one thats not working for the hard drive, ram etc etc. good of them i suppose. thanks for the help anyway guys