Great news at Wetherspoons

Get rid of the plastic glasses Mr Weatherspoon

Whats with all this girly lager?! Get some real ale down ya!

YIPPEE!!! lol

Surely you're not being sarcastic, dearest? :hihi:

Carling :gag:

theres nothing wrong with carling. it might not be the tastiest of drinks, but it is by no means offensive, something that cannot be said for ALL real ales. i am a real ale drinker, but not a beer snob - carling serves a purpose.

theres nothing wrong with carling. it might not be the tastiest of drinks, but it is by no means offensive, something that cannot be said for ALL real ales. i am a real ale drinker, but not a beer snob - carling serves a purpose.

I beg to differ :hihi:

Seriously, I'm an ale drinker, and I jokingly rip the wee out of my friends who drink Carling, but I accept it's their choice.

I reserve the right to think it tastes like the devil's urine though! :D

And I agree with you regarding the offensiveness of some real ales-I once had a "chocolate" one which, being a lass, thought it was my dream-my two major food groups in one glass- :hihi: -but it was, to put it mildly, bloody vile.

Great post agree wholeheartedly some real ale drinkers get so upset about lager carling in particular its just a drink at the end of the day and when you fancy a cold fizzy drink whats wrong with people enjoying it?

I don't like any real ales I have tried but I don't go round slagging of the people who drink it,they are just differnt types of alcholic beverage.

Great post agree wholeheartedly some real ale drinkers get so upset about lager carling in particular its just a drink at the end of the day and when you fancy a cold fizzy drink whats wrong with people enjoying it?

I don't like any real ales I have tried but I don't go round slagging of the people who drink it,they are just differnt types of alcholic beverage.

The point is that it is a political issue. It's captalism selling us bloody rubbish again. This cack was foisted on us by the big breweries in the 1970s and it has been pumped up into its 'market' position by the massive bucks spent on advertising and the driving down of costs of production and the monopolistic way the drinks companies sell it.

'The public gets what the public want', but that's because mostly they are thick. It's very sad.

Is that it?! Thought you were going to tell us all the gypsies, tramps and theives had been barred from the Bankers.

No they are still all there drinking crap like Carling (wherever it might be brewed these days)

The point is that it is a political issue. It's captalism selling us bloody rubbish again. This cack was foisted on us by the big breweries in the 1970s and it has been pumped up into its 'market' position by the massive bucks spent on advertising and the driving down of costs of production and the monopolistic way the drinks companies sell it.

'The public gets what the public want', but that's because mostly they are thick. It's very sad.

a lot of real ale drinkers have this horrible snobbish attitude and it is what prevents CAMRA from actually making any impact. this is coming from a CAMRA member too.

market gets what the market wants. real ale drinkers like yourself get high and mighty and refuse to believe that it is in fact possible people enjoy drinking lagers and not real ales. its cringeworthy and embarrassing to be honest.

Frankly I have no idea what you are on about I guess I must be one of the thick ones.

I try different drinks and stick with the ones I enjoy nothing to do with politics or advertising.