Roads and Public Transport - Monday 6th Dec

Buses and taxis not using bus lanes. Could be one reason for the traffic

Slightly out of town, but the A61 Dronfield bypass was like a car park this morning.

the Dronny bypass and most of the "dual" carriageways in Chessy are like driving through ice Station Zebra. Dodgy as ..

can anyone tell me the state of play on the 20/20a route in southey green and longley areas?.

for the last few days when these buses get to the top of southey green road they have been turning right on to moonshine lane rather than going straight on towards longley park. is this still the case or are they now running through longley estate?.

Got 07:25 25a bus from Bradway this morning. Was a 20 minute late start due to problems with badly parked and abandoned cars then took 2 and a half hours to get into town, one long traffic jam.

Hello. Does anybody know what Snowdon Lane/Eckington Road from Marsh Lane to Coal Aston is like at the mo? Thanks.

(can anyone tell me the state of play on the 20/20a route in southey green and longley areas?.

for the last few days when these buses get to the top of southey green road they have been turning right on to moonshine lane rather than going straight on towards longley park. is this still the case or are they now running through longley estate?. )

i caught this bus today to travel too and from work, the driver said it wouldn't be going through longley/southey until it was safe. 20a is running straight up herries rd and down towards ngh and the same back.

20 is running up halifax rd and then down moonshine lane onto herries rd and straight down and the same back. This was the case at 6.30pm.

Took me 2 hrs to get home from fulwood to wadsley bridge tonight,was'nt to bad waiting for 40 but town was packed with people waiting for buses,long ques.Got to flat street stuck waiting for 40 mins for a 53 every bus that came down flat street said out of service,funny how First can can a bus to Doncaster though!Found out from a lad that the 53's had been taken off,then a 66 turned up and filled up.Why are First buses soooo bad,i managed to get a Stage coach up to Greenhill but the 76 which normaly go's there was'nt running,the road was clear enough for Stagecoach to get so why not First?oh I know why cus there crap bus service and all there good at is putting fares up!Think gonna start using Stage coach form next week,unfortunately went and bought a First weekly saver,what a waste of money that was!:rolleyes:

Hello. Does anybody know what Snowdon Lane/Eckington Road from Marsh Lane to Coal Aston is like at the mo? Thanks.

Eckington up to an hour ago was a right mess,DCC clearly have an issue to answer in relation to the gritting of roads in the are.

There has also been an accident at Ford but not sure if that is now clear.

I work in Chesterfield and there seems to be a general bad feeling towards the way they have been forgotten about. Even "main" roads are worse than some of the side roads round Sheffield. The trunk roads are relatively ok, but other than that its horrendous.

They are really making Sheffield look like they have handled it well. So geniunly a well done Sheffield council!!!!:thumbsup:

Took me 2 hrs to get home from fulwood to wadsley bridge tonight,was'nt to bad waiting for 40 but town was packed with people waiting for buses,long ques.Got to flat street stuck waiting for 40 mins for a 53 every bus that came down flat street said out of service,funny how First can can a bus to Doncaster though!Found out from a lad that the 53's had been taken off,then a 66 turned up and filled up.Why are First buses soooo bad,i managed to get a Stage coach up to Greenhill but the 76 which normaly go's there was'nt running,the road was clear enough for Stagecoach to get so why not First?oh I know why cus there crap bus service and all there good at is putting fares up!Think gonna start using Stage coach form next week,unfortunately went and bought a First weekly saver,what a waste of money that was!:rolleyes:

It took me 2.5 hours to get from Nethergreen to City Road tonight, waited 30 minutes for a bus (120 or 40) down from Fulwood, saw no less than 6 go UP the hill in that time. Got on the 120 and then found it was terminating at the interchange. Turfed off at the interchange and then couldn't get on another bus going up to City road....120's/41's/42's/44's all letting passengers off only or going out of service.

Never seen the interchange so busy or so many angry passengers in my life. There were some very heated exchanges taking place between drivers and passengers. Finally got on a 44.

The driver of the original 120 told us that the buses were so far off of the timetable, due to the traffic jams, they were being recalled and rerouted to try and catch up. Seemed pretty pointless to me when that meant most of the passengers at the busiest time of the day ended up stranded for an hour or more.

One of the workers at the interchange strongly recommended complaints being made.

This evening was manic! The queue's for busses in town and also at the top of Norwood Road at NGH were about 10 times longer than I have ever seen them.

Could be down to the restricted road capacity - most of the bus lanes etc were unusable for a large part of Ecclesall road for example.

Does anyone know if the 75/76's are running down Woodseats Road today at all? There's nothing on First's website :help: