Where can I buy rock salt?

Don't be surprised that, if in a thread where people are asking where to buy grit, your bragging that you've been cruising around to nab 75 ltrs of grit from random grit bins gets people's backs up.

Why couldn't you go to one of the suppliers listed on here like other people?

And what do you expect us to do when you've emptied all our grit bins. Come round and nab all yours when it gets topped up?

If you are despratley in need of grit, feel free to sweep some off my road.

I pay my council tax, my road doesn't get gritted, ever, I see no problem claiming my grit from one of the many council grit bins in the area.

Well as you have a grit bin, why dont you phone the coucil and ask them to refil it (I think there is a number in here somewhere). Oh but please tell me when it gets filled, with the snow coming soon I may be needing some more. :thumbsup:

Well thanks to this forum and cphilster solving my problems for me. I rang endlessly today to the street force number baout gritting or ploughing my road so that I wouldnt have to cancel flitting yet again. They were not answeering period: I saw the aboves post and rung and he trekked right down our hill to get to me with 2 large bags of rock salt. I am disabled so couldnt help him. It will enable me now to clear my front for the removal men on thursday.

Thanks cphilster. you saved my bacon

If you are despratley in need of grit, feel free to sweep some off my road.

I pay my council tax, my road doesn't get gritted, ever, I see no problem claiming my grit from one of the many council grit bins in the area.

Well as you have a grit bin, why dont you phone the coucil and ask them to refil it (I think there is a number in here somewhere). Oh but please tell me when it gets filled, with the snow coming soon I may be needing some more. :thumbsup:

Jacks allright, don't worry about us, tried to clear my road on the middlewood estae and guess what No Grit!! thanks.

is your name Bonjon an anagram of your real name n_bj_n

I can supply it you if you I will deliver it FREE in the sheffield area

£7.99 for 25KG

Give me a call on 07815 175099

cphilster also came to my rescue by delivering rock salt.We live on a hill and certainly needed it.

Jacks allright, don't worry about us, tried to clear my road on the middlewood estae and guess what No Grit!! thanks.

is your name Bonjon an anagram of your real name n_bj_n

Oh your cleaver making up anagrams!!

Anyway to the topic, yes I am fine now, thanks to the council for providing your estate with a bountiful supply of grit for anyone to use who pays council tax, popped up last night and fetched a load more, plenty more bins on your estate have grit, try moving your lazy arse, you have 2 legs use them :loopy:

Be quick though, now the word is out I wont be the only one claiming the free grit!!

...yes I am fine now, thanks to the council for providing your estate with a bountiful supply of grit for anyone to use who pays council tax, popped up last night and fetched a load more...

It's strange that you're more than happy to freeload and inconvenience other people when it comes to grit, but conveniently take the completely opposite view when it comes to the poor saps who park in an Excel car park.

As for your local grit bins, why not "try moving your lazy arse" and get in touch with the council to either arrange to get a bin or get your local one refilled.

It's all here:

http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/roads/maintenance/winter/salt-bins

including a full list of grit bin locations, if you fancy a bit more thieving.

It's strange that you're more than happy to freeload and inconvenience other people when it comes to grit, but conveniently take the completely opposite view when it comes to the poor saps who park in an Excel car park.

As for your local grit bins, why not "try moving your lazy arse" and get in touch with the council to either arrange to get a bin or get your local one refilled.

It's all here:

http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/roads/maintenance/winter/salt-bins

including a full list of grit bin locations, if you fancy a bit more thieving.

Oh dear, loosing an argument so you have to look through my other threads, again :confused:

As for your other comment, try re-reading this thread with your eyes open :thumbsup:

Padgets Builders Merchants had some left but not sure where they are in relation to u. All I know it that they have one near each of the footy grounds.

Finding grit isn,t that hard. Most of the builders merchants sell as do the big stores like B&Q, Wickes etc. But the price has rocketed this year. How about people posting some prices on here to compare.

Oh your cleaver making up anagrams!!

Anyway to the topic, yes I am fine now, thanks to the council for providing your estate with a bountiful supply of grit for anyone to use who pays council tax, popped up last night and fetched a load more, plenty more bins on your estate have grit, try moving your lazy arse, you have 2 legs use them :loopy:

Be quick though, now the word is out I wont be the only one claiming the free grit!!

Na then nobby, How do you know I have two legs?

Finding grit isn,t that hard. Most of the builders merchants sell as do the big stores like B&Q, Wickes etc. But the price has rocketed this year. How about people posting some prices on here to compare.

I don't think you can compare because the prices are changing all the time. At the moment prices are expensive. When the mines catch up with production and the weather improves the price will fall. The best time to buy rock salt is in the summer. It was only £99 for a bulk bag including delivery last summer when I bought some for family and friends. The site I found was http://rock-salt.biz/ and they are part of a bigger aggregate company.

I'd buy loads to sell if I had anywhere to store it. Knowing my luck we'd have 5 years of mild winters!